Friday, May 27, 2011

on a new recipe.

oh i love this one. it is so good, and so easy to make. plus, it lets me incorporate sugar into the main dish, which obviously is what i'm all about. i started by roasting some green beans - literally the easiest thing in the world. turn the oven up to 350, mix the beans with a little olive oil, a few shakes of sea salt and one minced clove of garlic. throw those suckers in the oven until you think they're done.
 next up - the salmon, which i based off of this recipe. i put a small spoonful of brown sugar in a bowl, then a few shakes of sea salt, cinnamon and mustard. i didn't have cumin so i added in a few shakes of paprika. i have no idea if cumin or paprika have a similar taste, i just went crazy and did it. nothing exploded in my kitchen, so i encourage you to do it too.
i also cooked the salmon in the same tray as the green beans, though i removed the string beans from the pan before i put the salmon in to cook. unfortunately, my oven isn't large enough to fit a pan with a handle. yay nyc apartment kitchens!
paired with the first glass of white wine of the season and it was perfect. healthy and a break from the mounds of pasta and ravioli i always have for dinner. i stopped at eataly, a food market near me, to pick these up - when you cook for one it's nice to have a resource where you can get individual portions. and it was only $5 (!), proving that it's not that expensive to eat healthy. do you have any new recipes you're crushing on? 

4 comments:

  1. Eataly sounds like such a cool place. If I ever make it to NYC, it's on my list of places to visit.

    I love roasted green beans. You should try to roast them with cremini mushrooms and shallots, with a sprinkle of Herbes de Provence. I think I originally found that combo in Cooking Light, and now it's one of my favorites!

    Happy Friday! Hope you have a good long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I gave you a blog award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw - thank you so much you are awesome!!!! Also, thanks for sharing your recipe. You do have quite the knack for food ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...