Monday, June 6, 2011

on iced coffee.

i don't know why, but for some reason i love seeing milk being poured into iced coffee. i've always thought it looked so pretty. funny how something so ordinary can strike such a chord in me, but sometimes it's nice to see beauty in such everyday things. seeing as how i don't love coffee though, and only drink espresso-based drinks, it wasn't until last summer that i discovered the joy of an iced americano by ordering it on a whim. it is such a wonderful way to start a hot summer morning on the way to work.
via here.
via here.
via here.
via here.
and with that, i guess it's time to go get my iced coffee and start my day.

7 comments:

  1. Yes I agree - I love watching it being poured in too! I also only like espresso-based drinks.... maybe I should try an iced Americano. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww yay, thank you! and i'm one of yours, too. i'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks it looks so pretty - and definitely try the iced americano (and ask them to sweeten it, too). it's soooo good on a summer morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh and that is exactly what I need right now. Isn't it just so pretty how the different mixtures in drinks just dance together before your eyes. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum. beyond glad I found your blog. I'm a new follower, I hope you will as well. I started my blog a little over 3 months ago after graduating from college in the south and moving across the country. It's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. Stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news. Would love your support. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree. It is beautiful.

    Lovely blog!

    - S from Following the Walkers

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really is beautiful!

    Curious- is there a big difference in taste between coffee and espresso drinks? I like both but never thought of a big difference. Fascinated!
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ caroline - i think it's just that when i started drinking coffee i went for things like lattes since they were sweeter, not quite as watery as coffee, and since espresso only makes up like 1 or 2 shots of the drink, as opposed to the whole drink, adding in cinnamon or sugar makes a bigger difference in taste. i'm not sure if that makes any sense, but i guess it's just what my tastebuds think!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...