Thursday, June 30, 2011

on the rock.

this one is for all you tourists out there. i know the empire state building is considered the.place.to.go. i get  it, i get it. i mean, hell, this is the empire state! you have to go. but i beg you to reconsider. or, if it's your second time in the city, definitely reconsider. i present - the top of the rock.
via here.
i know, i know. you think i'm biased. i work in 30 rock and am trying to "represent" as the kids say these days. but the views of downtown manhattan are stunning. the empire state building may be more famous, but the top of the rock easily and handily beats the views. and if the view of the park can't convince you, i don't know what can.
via here.
you can barely see the park from the empire state building. from the top of the rock you get a glimpse into why those apartments on central park south cost so much. perhaps my bias may come from a few of my own favorite memories that i created there.
the first time he came to visit me in the city.
so come to new york and make your own. you won't regret it.

7 comments:

  1. I've been to the city multiple times and have never been on top of the rock! Next trip I'm definitely planning on it because these pictures of the views are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sherri lynn - seriously, it's amaaaaaazing. you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argh! Here I am, a broke student, trying to convince myself that New York shouldn't be at the top of my Must See ASAP List and that I should start looking at places closer to home for a desperately needed holiday, and I stumble across this here post! NYC just skyrocketed up to the top spot again! Look at that skyline, that park. It all looks so incredible. I must visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness! I have NEVER even heard of the Rock, which seriously everyone should be talking about it! That view is gorgeous! Whenever I visit I will go to that rock!

    http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. annelise - once you get here there are definitely cheap things to do, scout's honor! and i'm not going to lie...it is pretty incredible here :)

    anna - i know! i never heard about it until i got here and it completely blew me away. it is such a must for whenever you visit the city.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! the view looks fantastic! I never heard of Top of the Rock until now, but next year we're planning our trip and we will definitely keep this in mind.

    Thanks Colleen!

    http://rambleswithreese.etsy.com
    http://rambleswithreese.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...