Friday, July 8, 2011

on aversions.

death. destruction. water!!!!!
have you ever given a cat a bath? well, i have. (they don't come out of the pound smelling like roses, i'll tell you that much.) and let me say, there's nothing like seeing a cat react to water. it's innate to them, their aversion to water. you would think it was lava, as opposed to being one of the essential elements to life. but you can't begrudge cats their strong dislike for water, because we all have one, or a few, as well. mine, off the top of my head are quite simple:

1. cheese. (complicated, but mostly i hate the stuff. mozzarella and parm are as far as i'll go.
2. furniture i have to build and put together (i have put together a bookcase crying before. it happened.)
3. hot dogs that have cheese in the middle of them. (in my opinion, these hots dogs have been raped and pillaged.)
4. tiny sunglasses. (i only know how to be fabulous. sorry.)
5. bridal showers (i know everyone has them. but sitting around cooing over a cupcake pan is not my jam. i'm the one in the back with the glass of whiskey, sunglasses still on, wondering when we get to eat.)

so there's a little trip into my mind for you. i find strong dislikes to be so unique to each person - i mean, where do some of these come from? do you have any big dislikes that are unique to yourself?
i definitely don't look this cute after overcoming my dislikes. but i do look that traumatized.

13 comments:

  1. Oooooh, he looks super pissed at you!

    And cheese? Really? Aaah, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you covered bridal showers. I think I'll throw in baby showers as well. The stupid games they play....Hate those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, his face! and his little wet body! so cute

    http://bottleblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooooo cute! I want this little kitty!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, the look on his face is priceless!

    I have a strong dislike for the peace sign. It produces the exact opposite reaction in me to what it represents. I think it's from all the teeny-bopper girls on Facebook whose profile pictures are of them posing and flashing the sign. It drives me insane.

    I'm with you on the bridal shower (and hen/bachelorette parties - especially ones that involve plastic penis earrings and the like) and Noodles and Waffles on baby showers. Boring.

    I have about a thousand of these but it would probably be rude of me to fill up your comments with what I hate :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha i have! my cat run away with all the shampoo and we never catched her XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. caught* sorry... i dont speak english XD

    ReplyDelete
  8. eva, erin and annelise - i know, his little face says it all. too cute.

    mmish - your english is a million time better than my spanish so please don't worry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. aw your cat looks traumatized! haha but you know what, whenever I wash my cousin's dog, it's the same experience. she hates it!
    thanks for commenting on my blog! i actually purchased that shearling vest, only $50! you should definitely get them. they were running low at my store.

    http://acaliforniadreamer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the comment, Colleen!! I've given my cat a bath, too, oh that's an adventure! She's a home kitty though so we don't need to do it too often.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahahaaa

    Thank you for the mental image of the hot dog raping. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. alana - any time my friend, any time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh...the look on his face...so precious! He looks so perturbed! LOL!

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...