Monday, August 22, 2011

on a fall work wardrobe.

well, fall fashion is starting to be advertised (a little to my dismay), and thanks to the nordstrom anniversary sale i scored a very similar skirt to the one pictured below. while i would have never thought of a mustard color paired with chambray, i recently saw it styled that way (in one of the many fall fashion magazines i have been pouring over), and have completely fallen for it. since chambray shirts are sold everywhere, it won't be hard finding an affordable version. paired with plum accessories i think it would make a perfect outfit for a casual friday in the fall. (i can't be that casual in my office but lord knows i try.)
Fall Work Wardrobe
and then i saw these booties advertised in said fashion magazines, and i fell for the neon stripe. it's a bit off the beaten path, and i love that about these. luckily there are already sold out, so my debit card is safe for now.

kip


any fall fashion items you've been particularly taken with?

13 comments:

  1. I am loving the classic chambray with the mustard skirt. And the plum accessories kill it. I want a mustard cardi for Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those outfits!! That mustard skirt hit the spot for me!

    Dont forget to come by my blog, and enter to win a Coach wristlet!
    Simplycamylla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that first outfit! The bright yellow of the skirt is so fun. How dressy do you have to be for your office??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colleen... this is bad... real bad... you shouldn't have shown me those booties. Thank goodness they are sold out but I will be stalking them online.

    ReplyDelete
  5. meghan - haha, i know! i saw them and was like "oh....that's going to be a problem." for my bank account's sake i want them to stay sold out, and for my feet's sake i hope they get back in stock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colour mustard that is so popular this fall!
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm feeling very bipolar about this fall business. this morning i was all puuuhleaaase let it be fall. but now i'm eh about it. i need that yellow skirt though.

    -rachel

    ReplyDelete
  8. rachel - you crack me up! i'm still happy for summer, but with that skirt i'm a little more ready for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing outfit!! I want those shoes! Too bad its going to be 111 in az today... i will have to wait awhile :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the second outfit is more my style..although they are cute!! Love the necklace in the first picture

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the mustard & chambray combo. i haven't tried it myself yet, but it's so pretty in pictures i've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that mustard skirt! I need to look for one, but I have just been on this clearing out mood-so I probably will wait to get rid of some more things before I try to add more to my mess. Also, those booties are AMAZING! I love the neon stripe as well! Too bad they are sold out-or you and I would have a pair!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. claire - i think with your dark hair you would rock it.

    erin - i know, right! le sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...