Friday, August 5, 2011

on free time.

so for the first time, in a long time, my weekend is basically free. no events. no obligations. just me and this big old city trying to get to know each other a little bit more (basically, i'm doing all the things that the boy wouldn't want to be dragged to when he's here). some of the things i want to try and do this weekend are...
see the alexander mcqueen exhibit, even if it's packed
via here.
while i can't afford many stores in new york, it doesn't mean i can't admire the gorgeous clothes they carry. and so, my first visit to barney's is on the to-do list.
via here.
finally getting to try a lobster roll from luke's lobster in the east village.
via here.
and checking out some vintage stores in the east village after fueling up with lobster.
via here.
all of this in addition to lots of sleep and some long runs. i really can't wait. there are a few people visiting nyc this weekend who i'm sure i'll see, but it will be nice to wander around without a care in the world. i hope y'all have wonderful and relaxing weekends too.

15 comments:

  1. heard such wonderful things about the alexander mcqueen exhibition, that outfit in particular is such a show stopper

    Rianna xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess where I am headed tonight? Alexander McQueen. Are we the same person?

    ReplyDelete
  3. rianna - i know, i am so excited to see it.

    the ridolosos - that's ridiculous! i do believe it's a distinct possibility that we are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh, i love that mcqueen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I am pretty sure I am going to need to go to that vintage store. And walk through Barneys. Yep, same person.
    x molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an amazing weekend!

    I'm going to be thinking about that lobster roll for a long time. mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like such a perfect weekend! have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you absolutely need to see the McQueen exhibit, it was out of this world, and I have never seen anything like it. The clothes and the way they were presented, everything just blew me away.
    And Vintage shopping is something you really do best when alone.
    Looking at way to expensive stuff, on the other hand, is better with a friend. I did that with a friend at Bloomingdale's...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard so much about the McQueen exhibit! I'm so jealous that you're going! Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like such a fun weekened. The McQueen exhibit sounds amazing, and that lobster roll...jeaouls!!

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh your weekend sounds so fun! So jealous that you have things like Barney's and the Alexander McQueen exhibit to see whenever you want!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummm that lobster roll looks heavenly! I would love to see the exhibit! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did you make it to the Savage Beauty exhibit?? I wish i could have seen it but living in Australia made it a little difficult... Alexander McQueen is my favourite designer :)

    Please check out my blog x

    http://yellowchicroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. did you make it to mcqueen? i work at the museum and although the exhibit is/was really great, i am glad i won't have to deal with those crowds any more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. lucinda and k - i didn't :( ( i feel like i let everyone down!) i thought it would be crowded, i had no idea it would be a four hour line to get in. my mom went when it first opened and had no trouble getting in - i should have just gone much earlier. i learned my lesson!

    how cool that you work at the met k!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...