Monday, August 1, 2011

on an nyc picnic.

because of the wonderful weather this weekend, we decided to go on a picnic. and by that i mean we bought sandwiches and some fruit to take to the park.
yummy paninis from eataly.
unfortunately, we found that all of madison square park's green space was fenced off. so much for bringing our blanket with hopes of lounging on the grass for the afternoon. instead we had to have a picnic on a park bench.
and guess who i got to finally again see after weekends of other events and obligations we had to attend? the one and only...
even if our picnic didn't work out the way i wanted it to, it was still pretty perfect in other ways.

7 comments:

  1. There is nothing better than a picnic in a park (or on a park bench) in the city in summer! That looked like a killer panini!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep seeing all these posts about having a picnic, and think "Need to do this, ASAP", but I haven't yet... This week, it WILL happen, the weather is supposed to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! I wanted to go on a picnic all summer long while we lived in Chicago but we never did (we did however go lay on the boulevard and read books one sunny afternoon). I guess now I'll just have to settle for dining al fresco in our backyard :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love picnics in parks! They are so fun, cute, and the food is always tastier for some reason :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! I love picnics! Even if there's no grass to sit on! haha! looks like you guys had fun anyway :)



    Notes She Wrote

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds so fun! A picnic always sounds perfect in my mind, but then when we actually arrive the grass is wet, or there is no grass and you're on a bench or there's bugs or dog crap or something...but I still like the idea of a picnic with the one you love :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you got your romantic picnic!

    Now your latest follower! Hope you will follow me back too!
    http://rambleswithreese.etsy.com
    http://rambleswithreese.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...