Thursday, August 4, 2011

on rainy day cures.

well last night i was supposed to meet up with some girlfriends and have some shrimp and grits, my true reason for living, but it was cancelled last minute. along with my disappointment it started to rain when i left work. so i turned to my regular rainy day cures (minus this one).
first - a glass of red. you know, for the antioxidants.
via here.
an episode of my favorite real housewives franchise (no, i am not ashamed of my love for this show and yes, i do want to know what franchise is your favorite).
via here.
and i ended it with some freshly baked brownies.
via here.
sidenote: do you have any food you refuse to make from scratch?
i have two.
one of them is brownies.
nothing beats the box mix. and any good recipe only comes out good 1/3 of the time anyways.
the second is pasta.
i am surrounded by italian americans. i'm not going to be an idiot and make my own fresh pasta.
seriously.
and you know what? all of those things cured the rainy day blues right up. i hope my readers were able to stay dry and warm on yesterday's rainy day. and remember, it's almost friday!

14 comments:

  1. Can I just say how wonderful your rainy day pick-me-ups sound? I am totally going to steal them because it is pouring here today and I am lacking in sugar and antioxidants! I once took a pasta cooking class and was nearly reduced to tears at the amount of hard work! I vowed to never cook pasta from scratch again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad your night turned out to be a pleasant one. My husband is Italian American, but you probably guessed that from the last name. :)

    My night included box brownies with a girlfriend sitting on my couch chilling. And although wine was available, we had Pork Slap because we are classy like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brownies are the ultimate cure for the blues, rainy days and pretty much everything. I've made chocolate chip cookies from scratch before and I've since decided that the break and bake freezer section cookies will always be better. But brownies? Always from scratch! Not to brag, but I heart my nutella brownies. They are the best brownies I've made/had!

    ReplyDelete
  4. rigolosos - you crack me up! glad to know you were also eating brownies.

    jillian - that is too funny because i would only make chocolate chip cookies from scratch! your nutella brownies sound like they could win me over, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could really go for a rainy day right about now. It's been hot hot hot and sunny every single day since living here! Yesterday it rained but it was sunny the whole time - and it made it extra humid!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your rainy day cures! And I totally agree with you about brownies. I only ever make them from the box because they are SO much better! And I bake a lot, so this is truly saying something!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL I love you for saying you refuse to make certain things from scratch! I am the SAME way! I will make brownies from scratch, but I will not ever ever ever make pasta that way... nor will I ever make my own cinnamon rolls. That's just dumb and wasting time! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sherri lynn - that IS saying something! but it's so true.

    lindsay - i'm glad you stand with me on the pasta. cinnamon rolls is also a good addition to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do I have anything I refuse to make from scratch?

    Umm, I'm trying to think of something that I actually DO make from scratch.

    FAIL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yumm those brownies look amazing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for visiting!! Happy to meet other new york bloggers. those brownies look delish

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel that way about angel food cake. It takes forever it from scratch, and the box mix is just as good.

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this post. all i can think of right now is jimmy fallons "real housewives of late night" ha. and much agreed on brownie mix. i get the ghirardelli mix at costco. so good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...