Wednesday, September 28, 2011

on menswear.

so i've never really been that keen on the whole menswear trend. there are certain woman who pull it off very nicely. they are usually tall, thin and have a touch of tomboy to them. funny how those women seem to pull off every look, huh? but the one menswear trend i love is a tuxedo, tailored to a woman's figure. particularly the coat.
those stain lapels. oh, those satin lapels.
if i wore this in real life i would probably only wear the blazer. i think with the pants it looks as if you may be trying too hard - unless, of course, you're like the woman i mentioned above. but if you went all the way, paired with a red lip and pin thin leopard stilettos that just wouldn't quit - i think it would be perfect, with those accents adding the perfect tongue in cheek effect to the look. after all - while we may be able to wear men's clothing, there's no reason we can't wear our louboutins along with it (not that i have any, but you know, one day.)
Tuxedo



10 comments:

  1. I love menswear on women (done right, of course). And I like the outfit you've put together here. The leopard pumps and the red lipstick really sex-ify it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shoes. I love the menswear look when there are extra feminine accessories involved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure I can't pull off menswear but I do like the outfit you've put together here. I'll take the Louboutins and the Kate Spade clutch please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sherri lynn - i know, right?! both of them are so, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, I am tall and tomboyish - could I pull this look off? Like Diane Keaton or Katherine Hepburn?

    ReplyDelete
  6. erin - yes, you and and they are perfect exmaples. and don't forget marlene dietrich, who started the whole women wearing tuxedos trend many, many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is no way I could pull of any of this. You are such a fashionista.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The satin! Oh, I agree. I just purchased some NARS for my lips. A more muted red, but pretty rockin'.

    Give me that clutch. And the shoes. And all of it, really.

    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...