Monday, September 19, 2011

on red hook.

this past weekend, the boy and i ventured into the depths of brooklyn for a bakery. i suppose this is what happens when you date someone who loves baked goods. they read something, somewhere, and can't rest until they've had it. so, as one last hurrah for my birthday, we went to go have a sweet and salty cupcake - basically dark chocolate and caramel made with sea salt. but, seeing as how we had to take a boat to get there - yes, a boat, no subways are open in this part of brooklyn - we'd thought we'd stay awhile and have some brunch too.

old school drip coffee. manual drip.
dutch pancake.
 this place had cold fried chicken on their menu. served with oysters and bacon. it's not for everyone, but it's definitely for me.


the magical cupcake.

spilled cupcake - muppet face.
we had a great time on our grand adventure, even if that part of brooklyn was obviously too cool for us. all in all, it was nice to have a day where we just wandered about, doing whatever we wanted, eating cupcakes. i hope your weekend was just as wonderful.

7 comments:

  1. I so need to go here. Cupcakes, fried chicken and oysters. Enough said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So weird but I have been craving a dark chocolate cupcake w/ sea salt and caramel, and this post just intensified my craving. Thankfully I think we're going tonight to a cupcake shop because it's on their Monday menu :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum. I could eat all of these things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salty and sweet makes me all swoony. Miss you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love food. And I'm very hungry right now. Glad you enjoyed your cold fried chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! What a wonderful weekend! This looks fabulous! Wish we lived closer to Brooklyn so I could try these delectable treats!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...