Tuesday, September 20, 2011

on taking a walk.

this past sunday my friend amy came to visit for the day. seeing as how she is soon moving away from the area, she requested a walk across the brooklyn bridge - a chance to take in the scenery and the beautiful day.
as i've mentioned before, i love walking across the bridge. it's free and it gives you amazing views of new york's skyline. it was a nice reminder to take advantage of the area i love in - to get out more and do the things i say i love but rarely do. and, after our saturday of exploring a completely different part of the city, i was convinced of this even more. perhaps with all of the events i've had to attend recently i felt i wasn't doing this enough, but i'm hoping in the coming weekends this can be rectified.
do you feel like you explore the city/town/region you live in? how do you try to take advantage of everything it has to offer?

11 comments:

  1. amazing pictures! I miss the Brooklyn Bridge so much!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Sara C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are beautiful! Since we're new to the area, I feel like we are spending a lot of time exploring and trying new restaurants, etc. I hope we keep it up! I don't want to get stuck in a rut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busted. I have so not taken advantage of Omaha yet, which is bad since winter is coming and there will be no exploring in my first Nebraska winter-from-hell. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sherri - i know, it can be hard to keep it up. i'm excited to hear about all the fun stuff you guys do!

    alana - yeah...exploring in the winter, not so much. i'm with you there. my comfy couch will do just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how fun! I walked across that bridge last time I was in NY. Lovely views! There's nothing better than exploring the city you live in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Brooklyn Bridge is on my to do list for if I ever manage to find the extra cash to visit NYC. Your pictures look so cool! I do like to explore my own city as well, trying restaurants and other adventures in different neighborhoods.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You live in SUCH a beautiful place!!! I am going to have to take notice of my surroundings more from now on lol.

    Belly B :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Brooklyn Bridge looks amazing! Lovely photos! There are so many things that I have yet to take advantage of in Colorado! I need to get out more!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Your photos are beautiful!! I must say I need to make more time to explore my city in different ways. Lovely post!

    Please check out my blog x

    http://yellowchicroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These photos look amazing

    I really want to visit New York next year with my friend

    You have a really nice blog!Waiting for you visiting mine xx

    fashionjudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...