Thursday, September 8, 2011

on wedges.

wedges are probably one of favorite style of shoes. when i want to be a little more interesting than just a boring pair of flats on the weekends, i turn to wedges. i can wear them all day long with nary a complaint from my feet. that's also why i think wedges are a great way to experiment with your look. when you wear something new and different - perhaps something a little more out there and unique - you have to carry yourself confidently, otherwise it won't work. and this is the same for anything you may wear - confidence betrays to the onlooker that you believe in what you're wear and you feel good about it.
sidenote: you may not actually look good.
i often fall into this category.
but i'll be darned if i'm not having fun
wearing whatever it may be.
that to me is why wedges are such a great fashion risk to take. you're not stumbling around in them like a pair of stilettos, but striding off to your next great adventure (read: brunch). below are some of my favorite wedges, which allow you to be a little different and confident all at the same time. and, of course, my favorite is pair number 10, since i own them. i was a bit scared to wear them when i first got them but let me tell you, they are awesome to wear here, there and everywhere. i encourage you to do the same. 
Wedges
1. Theyskens' theory wedge shoes - $465 - net-a-porter.com
2. Trouve wrap sandals - $66 - nordstrom.com
3. Zara leather wedge boots - $129 - zara.com
4. Mark James by Badgley Mischka leather wedge - $265 - piperlime.gap.com
5. High heel shoes - $1,645 - alexandermcqueen.com
6. Rachel Zoe wood wedge - $395 - intermixonline.com
7. Yves Saint Laurent high heel boots - $939 - mytheresa.com
8. Luichiny suede pumps - $155 - heels.com
9. Maurie and Eve platform booties - $310 - solestruck.com
10. Jeffrey campbell boots - £130 - office.co.uk



10 comments:

  1. I like wedges over the edge...in fact my favs are no°8 and no°6: they rock!
    Have a nice day
    Sara C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have to say #4 is my favorite! I love wearing wedges but my husband hates when I wear them because if the wedge is too tall it makes me his height/taller than him. So sadly my wedge days are gone :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh! I love a wedge. I will take number 4 please. Thank you. Let's make a brunch date soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Basically the only everyday heels I wear are wedges.

    And I am SO IMPRESSED that you own and wear #10. You are like SJP to me now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lurrve wedges! I own a pair of cork wedges that are so high, my colleagues say it looks like I am walking on stilts! But they make me feel good, even though I probably look a bit ridiculous I don't care! Nos 6, 8 and 10 are divine! P.S - I will definitely mail you before I go for NY insider knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVING number 5 and 8! super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wedges are really fun! i think no. 9 is my favorite of this collection. way to rock no. 10!

    ReplyDelete
  8. #6 and #8 please! Gorgeous-and I love wedges-a lot! They are super chic and a lot more comfortable than regular heels.

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love #3. I'm going to be in so much trouble now that Zara launched their US online store! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...