Monday, October 10, 2011

on getting to know you.

i'm sorry i didn't post on friday, but i was running around getting all sorts of stuff done for the wedding. luckily, i have quite the story for you.
the more you read a blog, and the more one writes, readers get a truer sense of who the person behind the keyboard is. and i prefer to think of myself as someone who always, always, has my friends' backs and doesn't bite her tongue when put in a spot to defend them. so to all the people who read this blog everyday and comment - if someone messes with you, now you know where to go. right here.
so without further ado, here's a story that should give you a sense of the type of person i am.
on saturday night, as the speeches began, so did the cat-calling. and the heckling. from the groom's very inebriated brother. as the bride's father struggled to give his touching welcoming speech over the din he was creating, i told a bridesmaid next to me that i wasn't sure i'd be able to hold my tongue if he was still yelling during my speech.
when my turn finally came, and i started my speech, it was going really well - the bride was crying, other people in the audience were tearing up, and i was still keeping my composure. all the time the groom's brother had been yelling a few things here and there, but then, right as i was about to bring it home, he yelled "let's go flyers." and before i knew it, i turned and said
"dude. shut the fuck up."
the place erupted into cheers. even the priest was clapping. to say the least, the rest of the speech went off without a hitch.
and that, my internet friends, is my best story from this weekend. pictures to follow tomorrow. and other stories that don't involve quite so much colorful language.

12 comments:

  1. Awesome. That's all I have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This story is fantastic.

    It's like that scene in the Sex and the City movie. Do you know it? Say you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which means you're a Samantha! Which is awesome, but makes me afraid of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This only confirms what I already knew: you are awesome. And you so should have been at my wedding to keep people in line.

    So if I'm a Charlotte, and you're a Samantha, we just need a Carrie and a Miranda and we're set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was truly a spectacular moment, I can vouch for that. And you do always have your friends' backs - one of the many reasons I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHAHA Colleen, you are wonderful! I love that the priest was clapping as well!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. erin and alana - but i'm not *really* samantha. if you know what i mean (wink wink, nudge nudge). but she's kind of a bad ass so i'll take it.

    jbot - i love you too! thanks for stopping by this old blog of mine ;)

    ladies, i love you too, and i am so glad you enjoyed this story.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...