Thursday, October 27, 2011

on a halloween costume.

so i'm not that into halloween. it's not that i don't love it. as a both a kid and ad adult, it's a fabulous holiday. you dress up, eat lots of candy, and now go to parties with adult beverages. wonderful. really, i'm just waiting for it to be over so i can start playing christmas music and feel a little less guilty. so it always kind of falls to the back of my mind, and here i am again. no costume. (my only idea is leslie knope, and it's basically wear what i wear everyday to work). my favorite costume, worn four (!) years ago, was that of an irish lass. not too hard for me to pull off.
picture has been cropped to protect the innocent.
since then i have been a devil, a cowgirl, and a cop. most of these aren't internet appropriate.
except the cowgirl, which wasn't a costume.
i was working a hundred hours a week,
so i just put on a plaid shirt and cowboy boots
and went to my friend's apartment for 30 minutes
so i could stop feeling dead on the inside.
and then i went back to work.
so. i'd like to hear from you dear readers. what are you going to be this year? do you come up with new and exciting ideas every year? any suggestions for me? i've already gotten margot from the royal tenenbaums, and i kind of like it.

12 comments:

  1. "so I could stop feeling dead inside" Is it bad to say that I laughed out loud at this? Well I did because I had a job like that too! I wish I could give you costume suggestions but I am one of those people who goes as a cowboy! Sad but true. Let us know what you decide?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no you shouldn't. because you know it's true. and yes, i will let you know what i end up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so bad at Halloween costumes. I hate dressing up and I'm not creative. Pretty much the worst combination when it comes to Halloween. Can't wait to see what you decide to be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't dressed up in years! Like, probably 2003? And then I'm pretty sure my friend and I were a pig in a blanket. ? It happened.

    But I've always wanted to go as Margot Tenenbaum bc that costume would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hubs and I don't really have any plans, so we'll probably just wear our furry happy hats and run around the apartment growling at each other and eating candy.

    Since you obviously share my obsession with Christmas, go as a Who from Whoville. I wanted to wear my outfit every day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha girl I am right there with you! I am so ready for Halloween to just move on and ON to the awesome Pandora Christmas station that I will have on all day :)

    P.S Your comment about the wine today had me laughing out loud!..because its true! love that you noticed that

    ReplyDelete
  7. We'll be a friend's wedding this weekend so we probably won't be celebrating Halloween but my favorite costume was one I came up with a couple years ago. I was a pot brownie. I cut out marijuana leaves out of green poster board, dressed up like a Brownie Girl Scout, and glued the marijuana leaves all over my body. Marijuana leaves + Brownie Girl Scout = Pot Brownie. A little edgy, but it got a lot of laughs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're doing this to me on purpose, aren't you? I'm on to you, shitwrecker.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hy Colleen,
    chanced upon your space while blog hopping..glad I stopped by..
    very interesting space you have...lovely space with lively presentation..
    Am your happy follower now..;)
    do stop by mine sometime..
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to start playing christmas music too :-)

    My hubby and I were bakers and our baby girl was a cupcake (get it?! ha)
    I came across your blog and just had to comment :-)

    xoxo
    Aarean

    colorissue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. My friends and I normally do the big shebang every year, but I've been feeling dead inside and my bestie is preg so, I hung out and cooked all weekend. I mean, it was festive in a fall way right?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Margot Tenenbaum would be a fantastic costume. It would be fun to try to find a wooden half finger. I love that movie.

    I haven't dressed up in a long time, but I found a zombie baby in a bjorn that spins its head around, and I thought it would be fun to answer the door wearing that.

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...