Wednesday, October 12, 2011

on my tunes.

via here.
i love dead jazz singers. there. i said it. as if you didn't already know that, but at least i have formally acknowledged it. and every now and then i'm going to plug them. so this time it's eva cassidy. perhaps i have special place in my heart for her since she's from the d.c. area, but either way she is amazing. she was starting to get big, really about to make it, when she got ovarian cancer and quickly passed away. and along came norah jones and no one every really heard that much about eva. perhaps you know her song used in "love actually" (which i'm about to start watching again!)? perhaps you don't? but i'm here to tell you she's amazing. and i would start with "you take my breath away" or "i know you by heart". either of those will hook you.
have you heard about eva? or have some new music to pass on that you feel is underrated?

7 comments:

  1. Ahh, it's almost Love Actually season! I don't know the song you're talking about offhand, but I'm sure I would recognize it. That's as good excuse as any to make Mike watch it with me...again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit I've never heard about Eva. I do like jazz though - I'll have to look her up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Eva, my mom's a big fan! Jim Croce is another singer who went before his time, although he's pretty famous, despite having only a few albums. He's one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jazz is definitely one of my favorite types of music ever! I've never heard of Eva but I'll for sure check it out soon :)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard of Eva-but yes, Norah took her place quickly! I love Eva's look and style! She was and still is incredible!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Love Actually.

    I also love Eva.

    Her rendition of Fields of Gold? Simply beautiful.

    You and I were meant to be.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...