Monday, November 7, 2011

on my weekend fun.

oh hello old friends. my work schedule has promised to die down after this week. like it came up to me and said, "scout's honor, you'll see sunshine outside sometime this week". so i'm hopeful. shall we take a look at what i did this weekend?! you know i love doing that.
i ate a hot dog this weekend. clearly, this is not earth-shattering to long-time readers. it's kind of my thing. but i ate this thai-themed hot dog in philadelphia. that's right, for the third time in a month i went back to the iladelph. this time to visit my college friends. so my college roommate, who one day you will get the full story on how we became besties (it involves lots of hot dogs and cats, no surprise), and i  got hot dogs together. true love people.
then we went back to her apartment and hung out with our cat, chandler. i shouldn't say our. it's hers' now. but we got him, and raised him together, until we graduated and i moved away from philly. like any ther divorce, she got full custody and i got the couch. it happens.
and finally, we participated in an annual party with our friends. we dress up and decorate our apartments as a certain theme, and travel from destination to destination, in weird costumes all night long. and yes, there is a drink to go along with each theme. do what you will with that piece of information. we made our theme christmas (shocker), and i had the time of my life. hope you all enjoyed your weekends, christmas-themed or not.

12 comments:

  1. A Christmas themed party? Hell yes! I miss all the fun :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your themed house parties sound like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hotdogs, cats, and Christmas! So much awesomeness in one post.

    I still want to know how the pregnancy test fit in though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear someone else loves hotdogs like I do! LOL. It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am typically not a hotdog fan, but it looks like you dressed that one up right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would eat that hot dog right now if I could. Yes I would.

    And I want to her more about the pregnancy test. Go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. pp&p - yes, as in bing! my roommate always wanted to name a cat, so chandler it was.

    alana, erin - so for our theme we had everyone open up a goft picked at random - most of these were gag gifts. they ranged from laxatives to that PT, which was from the dollar store. that's right the dollar store. i thought the picture of chandler playing with it was funny. the internets thought i was pregnant. lesson. learned.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I once had to do a project for a grad school advertising class depicting 'anxiety' in a photograph. I bought a pregnancy test and staged a shot of my roommate holding the preg stick as she sat cross legged on the floor over piles of books, having such 'anxiety' about the fact that she was pregnant and a student.

    My mom came into town to visit soon after, saw the box of the pregnancy tests under the bathroom sink and nearly fainted.

    And now I want to eat that hotdog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. molly - i looooove that story - laughed out loud. your poor mother!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so great to catch up with you last weekend! (this should happen more often). Chandler was downright pissed that you left... he was also a bit embarrassed that a picture of him with a PT got out there on the internet. That tree is still on my wall... part of me wants to take it down right now because it's so ugly, the other part of me wants to leave it there forever. merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. jess - leave it forever! christmas all the time! it was awesome to catch up...i'm so glad you found my blog :) squeeze chandler for me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...