Monday, December 19, 2011

on a show.

this past friday night the boy and his best friend visited me for a show in the city. his best friend didn't know he was coming down to the city, and also didn't know he was going to see a concert of one of his favorite bands. i loved being in on the surprise, and i loved getting to share a night out in nyc with both of them. the setting was at the amazing beacon theater.

pic name

pic name
the band was great in concert. i had never been a big fan of them and i had to eat my own words because they rocked.

pic name

pic name

pic name
they ended the show with an acoustic sing along, and even though i didn't know the words, i loved it just the same.

pic name

pic name

pic name
not a bad way to spend a friday night.

9 comments:

  1. Thank god your opinion of the National has changed. A-mazing. Saw them in Phila a couple months ago in a similar venue and was blown away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. melanie - i know! they really do put on an amazing show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like an amazing venue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of the National. Which is pretty representative of my knowledge of current music.

    Cute picture of you and your manfriend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think... I am pretty sure... I am almost postive this is a certain someone's blog debut!

    How cute you are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erin - He's the one who keeps me up to date on music. So I have him to thank for making me sound hip and with it. And, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited to see a picture of you with your boy! You two are so cute together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so that's what the boy looks like! I hate saying this kind of thing, but you guys make a cute couple :) (sorry, it had to be said). I feel old now because I have never heard of the National but wowwee the Beacon Theatre is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  9. molly - he's been on before, looking like the cutie he is.

    sherri lynn, meghan - thank you :) y'all are too nice. and yes, meghan, the theatre is beyond cool. such an awesome venue!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...