Tuesday, January 10, 2012

on a bowl of soup.

in the winter, as it get cold and you get your first cold, all you want is a bowl of soup. so, i decided to make soup for the first time, one of my favorites - creamy leek and potato soup. no surprise, it's another food and wine recipe. i am just loving that magazine lately. best of all, it was a fairly simple recipe, too. i mean, just look at the ingredients.
aaaaand chicken stock. that's it! not too bad. i halved the recipe since i'd be the only one eating it. long distance relationships are fun!
after sautéing the leeks, you add in the potatoes and chicken, bring to a boil, then simmer. and then comes the good part - adding in the cream.
after simmering for about ten more minutes, you puree the soup in a food processor and there you have it - a creamy bowl of soup. a good way to stay warm on a winter night.

14 comments:

  1. I love making soup but I have never tried making leek and potato soup, must give it a go! Did I tell you that I tried your quiche recipe over the weekend? It was delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. meghan - awesome! i love it when people try the recipes i post and i enjoy them. i amde that quiche this weekend too - how cute of us to be in our london and nyc kitchens, doing the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love any soup with cream it in, definitely the most important ingredient. And I like your spoon! It looks fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like my potato leek soup, except I add sour cream, throw in some carrots, and 'fresh' string beans, and you have the best soup OF YOUR LIFE! (can you tell I love it?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds delicious - I'm going to try it out !

    Thanks for sharing.


    http://www.balletpumpsandroses.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmm. I made something very similar Friday night for dinner. But accidentally added too much broth, so it was super liquidy. So I threw in some corn and bacon. (just a tip, incase you ever run into the same problem)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's one of my favourite winter soups. just been browsing your blog, and now I'm hungry. thanks for all the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. kristen - that's a good way to get more veggies in it - duly noted.

    shannon - bacon fixes everything!

    petra - so happy to hear that! thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just want you to know that I've been craving soup ever since I saw your photo on Instagram. I blame you (obviously).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Potatoes and leeks are a match made in heaven. I love how simple this soup is, too. Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks divine! much agreed on nothing like a bowl of soup to cure what ails you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum anything with potato and cream is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just made potato soup last night! The bf liked it but I wasn't too happy with the texture. It was almost too creamy, if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pinned it! It really looks good, and I want to try it.

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...