Tuesday, January 3, 2012

on cookies and cream brownies.

i know that people like to start off the new year with new diets and all that fun stuff. instead, let's talk about brownies. specifically, cookies and cream brownies. that have oreos in them.
did i just blow your mind? thought so.
i found the recipe here, and it could not be easier to make. the picture of the brownie in that post is also a pretty good sell.
first, you make a box of brownies according to the directions, but don't add in the water. fairly normal.
 then you add a 1/4 cup of hot fudge and a 1/2 of cup of cookies and cream ice cream. i know, things are getting weird. stick with me.
put half the batter in your pan, lay down a layer of oreos (double-stuff, naturally), and then pour the rest of the batter over the cookies. as kanye west would say, that shit cray. and let me tell you, he would be right in this case.
bake for 40 to 50 minutes, and out comes a pan of cookies and cream brownies that have oreos in them. such a fun, and easy to make dessert.
it's also ridiculously delicious. but something tells me you already picked up on that.

15 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I've seen this recipe and have been dying to try it! Brownies are my favorite sweet treat, but adding Oreos to them just makes them impossibly irresistible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jillian - you've got to try this recipe then. it is so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap! This looks insane! My guy is a brownie addict so I'm sending this to him right now so we can gawk together! Happy New Year Colleen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. meghan - haha love it! he would definitely love these for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous you made these brownies! I've had my eye on them for a while but haven't gotten around to them. And I really love that you posted about brownies instead of diets. This is why we're friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sherri lynn - haha, exactly! brownies are a much better way to start the new year, particularly ones that involve oreos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks heavenly delicious! Will definitely try this out. Thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Colleen, you are killing me here. I have such a weakness for all thing oreos. These look amazing, and so dunkable (in milk, of course).

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, wowza! Those look awesome. I made the mistake of stepping on the scale at the gym today, though, so my will power is extra strong for at least a week or two :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen this on Pinterest, but I'll have to wait until after Mike's PT test to make it. :/ It's so hard being good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my gosh, i am DYING over this! it looks incredible! i am literally thinking about making it tonight! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was so intrigued by this recipe I made these brownies the other night!! Uh, let's just say WOW & MM MM GOOD! Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Laura - yay im so glad you liked it!!! Its such a good recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will be honest with you right now..... I am not sure whether I want to love you or hate you with this post. As you (correctly) predicted, I was one of the people to have a New Year's resolution to eat better and tone up. With tonight that has gone out the window due to: I am drinking wine and I have found this recipe. I am making them tomorrow. Without a doubt. All I have to get is the ice cream ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...