Monday, February 6, 2012

on my weekend in pictures.

this past weekend was spent upstate for the annual chowderfest on saturday. basically, you go around to different restaurants and bars and try their chowder for a buck. maybe you have a beer too. who knows. after fortifying with a breakfast blt on saturday morning, we hit the streets, trying different chowder along the way. (the winner? the chowder that incorporated pulled pork. no surprise there.) that night we went out for some delicious italian, and when we were about to leave a spanish guitar performer had just started playing. so we ordered more wine and sat back to enjoy the show. sunday made the weekend complete with a visit to target and some of the best breakfast sandwiches ever, before heading back to the city to watch the giants win the superbowl. i hope your weekend was just as fun as mine, even if you are a patriots fan.
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name

7 comments:

  1. I totally want to go to a Chowderfest!! What a fantastic way to spend a Saturday! Your weekend seemed to involve lots of fantastic food... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A chowderfest sounds so fun! I like anything that I can use as an excuse to eat a lot of food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too - great minds think alike, haha.

      Delete
  3. This looks like such a great weekend! And Saratoga Springs!! I love Saratoga Springs! I did a camp there one summer and the best Dave Matthews concerts are at SPAC. So so so fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I just say that I think you have the BEST weekends! I so want in on Chowderfest!! (What's chowder exactly though?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha - thanks lady! chowder is a type of soup. the traditional one (for me, at least), is new england clam chowder - cream based and made with clams, potatoes, celery and perhaps a little bit of bacon if you're lucky! but you can also have a tomato based chowder (manhattan clam chowder). all in all, it's delicious!

      Delete
  5. Wow, chowderfest sounds amazing! I looooove chowder. The Italian restaurant turned concert sounds like a lot of fun, too. Good weekend, for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...