Monday, February 27, 2012

on my weekend in pictures.

well i started my weekend early on thursday night by making sherri lynn's peanut butter sandwich cookies - only difference is i used chocolate frosting. i strongly recommend you make a batch, i loved them and so did the boy. friday morning was rainy and i was leaden down with bags, so i treated myself to a fancy coffee and croissant. little did i know the real treat would come at the end of the day, when the boy made me dinner (what he calls "fiesta chicken" in his slow cooker), along with...oreo truffles. can you believe it? i was floored, and they tasted amazing. i'm going to share the recipe later this week, as dictated to me by him. i hope you're as amused as i was - he's quite a character in the kitchen. our weekend was low-key from there on out. lots of college basketball - which i put on sequins for because, why not - and saying good-bye to a good friend who was moving away. on the way back home i woke up from my nap to a beautiful sun setting over the hudson river. a low-key but happy weekend. i hope yours was the same.
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name

7 comments:

  1. Don't you just love it when the guys decide to cook? I find that it usually ends up being something super delicious and well-made.

    Love that top. It's so sparkly and fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you liked the peanut butter cookies! I want to make them again with chocolate frosting this time. I'm super impressed by the dinner and truffles your boy made. And super excited for the recipe! I've been wanting to make some truffles. I love that you rocked sequins for basketball- a true lady. I hope your week is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peanut butter is one of my biggest weaknesses so I am definitely checking out that recipe! Your weekends always sound so unbelievably blissful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sparkles look good on you.

    And I didn't know he made you dinner too?! Chocolate truffles and crockpot chicken? If that's not love then I don't know what is. Sounds like a great weekend!

    And I loved your sunset over Hudson pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're a bombshell! Love that dress.

    xo
    jane
    harleyandjane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...