Friday, February 24, 2012

on new orleans fashion.

next week i'll head back to new orleans for the wedding of this little lady (who also had an awesome bachelorette party in new orleans). and it seems everywhere in new orleans has a dress code. and i'm kind of pumped about it. when we land the boy and i  are headed to a lunch where martinis are a quarter. a quarter! it really will be like mad men down there. that night we'll go out to dinner with my parents and the next day starts the wedding festivities: bridal lunch and rehearsal dinner. and here are a few of my dream outfits for all those great activities. and yes, i know i can't wear white since it's not past memorial day, but i just love that dress. and yes, i know the last dress is a bit glitzy for a rehearsal dinner, but the couple met at vanderbilt, and i met them there too, so i figured a little black and gold dress, which are school colors, would be a good way to show some spirit. and i just kind of love it.
what look do you look like best?
1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8
New Orleans Wedding

8 comments:

  1. Your weekend in New Orleans sounds like it's going to be amazing! I don't know if I can pick a favorite outfit; they're all so perfect! I think the martini lunch & bridal luncheon might be tied for first... but I do like your thoughts on representing at the rehearsal dinner with the black and gold. So glitzy, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love those looks too! although the shoes for the "night out" have kind of stolen my heart. they are just too cool. i'm going to have to figure out a way to incorporate some black and gold into the actual dinner - i do love school spirit (lame, but true).

      Delete
  2. These are gorgeous picks. I really thought this was your closet, because your bod could seriously rock these dresses. Have a wonderfully incredible time!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lady, you are too nice! man do i wish i actually owned a few of these!

      Delete
  3. THat rehearsal dinner dress is HOT.

    I love the bridal lunch one too. SO classic.

    Gosh this weekend sounds fun. I always love a good wedding weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally think you can get away with wearing white before Mem. Day... it is so glam and not really springy. That one is probably my favorite! If only we could by expensive dresses and not pay the bill. What will you actually be wearing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm not sure yet - i'd now like to find a way to incorporate black and gold for the rehearsal dinner, as of now i have a really colorful dress picked out for that night. and for the night out with my parents, i just don't know! i wish i had that white dress (and more money, ha!)

      Delete
  5. I want in on those Martinis for a quarter! Remember to take lots of pictures! The white dress and shoes is definitely my favourite outfit! Hope you have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...