Wednesday, February 8, 2012

on scenes from a girl's weekend.

last night i had a much needed girls night, replete with snacks, wine and dessert (naturally). we sat in for a few episodes of the real housewives of beverly hills (judge away readers, judge. away. i will always love it) and discussed insightful topics such as what constitutes "stripper heels", our favorite curse word, matching your lipstick to your dress and how saying things in a british accent will just always make everything better. we had a little lady, bella, join us for the festivities, and for a good while she snuggled my butt, which i did not mind one bit. we ended the night with hohos (why don't we eat more of these delicious, overprocessed delights?!) and, to keep it classy, lemon curd on shortbread cookies with an assortment of berries. it was one of those nights that made me very, very happy to be of the female persuasion. if just for the hohos alone.
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name

11 comments:

  1. *sigh* sounds perfect! You can't go wrong with wine and food! My evening consisted of waiting in for the online grocery shopping man (there was wine involved though).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. at least there was wine! makes everything a little better.

      Delete
  2. So fun. My sister LOVES the housewives. Can't say I'm a fan, but I will admit I get sucked into to watching them sometimes (and I might even enjoy it a little).

    Wish I could have a girl's night with you ladies! I love HoHos too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know, who doesn't?! i need to be eating more of them.

      Delete
  3. ho-hos?!?! I want to come to your next girls night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that would be awesome. even more awesome than hohos!

      Delete
  4. FUN! Just *looking* at these photos brings my anxiety down. (Obviously, I could use a girls' weekend!) xo.

    p.s. The BH housewives are my favorite. I can't STAND Jersey or OC, but... I still watch them. What's wrong with me?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they just suck you in don't they? i can't stand the OC but i liked Jersey because they were close by and their italian-ness was awesome. but this past season...ugh, no thank you. and go have a girls' weekend when you can lady!

      Delete
  5. Girls nights are th best! Wearing sweats, watching tv, and talking about silly(fun) things sounds great to mr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. any social function you can wear sweats too is always a great thing.

      Delete
  6. I've been meaning to organise one for aaages now, this is just the inspiration I needed to start one!! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...