Monday, April 9, 2012

on my weekend in pictures.

i hope everyone had a good easter/passover/spring weekend. i went upstate to spend the weekend with the boy and his parents. i contributed by making the always necessary "welcome back jesus" cake and a frittata following this recipe after seeing it on jillian's blog. i may have burned the potatoes just a smidge. oops! besides a lot of lounging around, we also went to a local car museum where i got in on the action in an old race car. if only i could have really driven it! people miles away would have been scared for their lives. maybe next year...
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name

7 comments:

  1. In my opinion, potatoes are the kind of food that you can get away with burning a little (beacuse it still tastes good!). I always just use the term "caramelization". This way, people think you meant to do it...ha! Did you like the dish?

    That pasta in the first photo looks awesome awesome awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes - and everyone I served it to loved it! thanks for blogging about it.

      Delete
  2. Is that top right photo cake batter?! It looks soo yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is! funfetti batter - the best!

      Delete
  3. I prefer my potatoes 'caramalised' too! I usually do a pea and mint frittata but I will definitely be trying the bacon and potato recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you sampled some of that batter. It looks to die for.

    Cake batter is my weakness. Cookie Dough too.

    Raw eggs have nothin' on me,


    Mmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also like my potatoes crispy. I only eat the crispy coating off a twice baked. I'm glad you had a delicious weekend. I know I did!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...