Monday, April 16, 2012

on my weekend in pictures.

i'm calling it - this weekend was one of the best, perhaps the best, in 2012 (so far). the weather was perfect in nyc all weekend, and saturday provided a gorgeous day to pick up some things at the farmer's market before going home to take a nap with the windows open and the birds chirping. saturday night we celebrated our anniversary - we went to the same exact restaurant as last year, and i wore the same outfit, and it was just as good as it had been the year before. a fitting way to celebrate another great year with the same great person. sunday was really the cherry on top. i found a new restaurant that i love, and got to share the morning with some friends, including molly and anna, who i was meeting for the first time. we laughed and talked and drank mimosas and before we knew it three hours had passed. we ended brunch with milkshakes and i spent the rest of my afternoon finishing up the hunger games (to the third book, all i have to say is: damn. you were cruel.) and enjoying having my windows open for a second time. so onto another week, more good weather, and the anticipation of another weekend just ahead.
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name
pic name pic name

15 comments:

  1. I don’t see how you could top the awesomeness of that weekend! I just started the 3rd Hunger Games book but thanks to a stupid Amazon reviewer, I already know the outcome and it sucks so bad that I am thinking about just making up my own ending in my head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh that stinks! a ton happens in the end, so maybe they didn't mention *everything*. I hate when that happens, though.

      Delete
  2. Love that photo of you getting ready. It looks straight out of an ad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finished the third HG book yesterday! I WEPT at the end of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you had such an amazing weekend! That picture of you putting on your shoes is so pretty and artsy! I like it. I just got the second Hunger Games book to read - so excited! But now I'm nervous for #3!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like an amazing weekend! You've inspired me to head over to the Farmers market this weekend. I'm dying to know what gift you got for the boy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So last year I surprised him with a year subscription to Netflix and he loved it so...he asked me to renew it. Hah! Very romantic. But I also got us tickets to a Yankees vs. Orioles game because I'm a big Yankees fan and he's a big Orioles fan. I can't wait!

      Delete
    2. Both of those sound great - girlfriend points!

      Delete
  6. Don't you love good weekends with amazing spring weather?? I just can't get enough of it! Your blog is adorable and so are you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you lady - you are too kind!

      Delete
  7. your photos show so much inspiration for the good things in life!

    www.thepinksmashbox.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. UMMMM this was the best weekend EVER. Especially meeting you!!

    Woohoo! RLF!!!!!!

    (in case you forgot: RLF = real life friends).

    Like, friends. For life, yo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That black and white photo of you seriously took my breath away. You are so gorgeous and classy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blog! You're pictures are so pretty! Looks like a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...