Monday, April 30, 2012

on my weekend in pictures.

this weekend could have not been more perfect (except, perhaps, just a smidgen warmer). on saturday we went on a little roadtrip of the hudson valley. i donned red lips, a chambray shirt and striped cardigan, just like a good blogger would do. all that was missing was my topknot. our first stop was golden harvest farms, an apple orchard and vodka distillery. yup, somehow those two go hand in hand. the farm store was full of cider donuts, muffins and pies, a good precursor to a little vodka tasting. there, we learned how to grow an apple in a vodka bottle and that i really, really, don't like vodka. the next stop was a little thrifting in hudson, then a wine tasting at hudson-chatham winery (our second time here, it did not disappoint, the wines are great), and finally, the cherry on top, a blizzard at dairy queen. it was such a wonderful day, helped along with the tunes of billy joel and ray lamontagne. saturday night we had some dinner with friends and used sunday to bake some eggs and recuperate from such a busy day. needless to say, i pretty much want to do the whole thing all over again next time i'm up there. but here's to another five days before the weekend, right?
hudson river white oreo truffles
chambray shirt pic name
golden harvest farms apple picking
harvest spirits distillery core vodka
love hudson church
hudson chatham winery snickers blizzard
pic name baked eggs

11 comments:

  1. Oh I love it! sounds like a perfect weekend to me! I didn't know apples were in season this time of year? Love your "blogger" outfit with the red lipstick. So great

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is it that you always have the best weekends EVER? You manage to do something every minute of the day and look good while doing it. Teach me your ways!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are too kind! I find that a glass of wine an red lipstick go a long way on the weekends. a very long way.

      Delete
  3. Wow!! Your weekend looks so fun. I don't like vodka either but I do like apples and blizzards. Great red lipstick. I kind of makes me feel like super woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah - vodka is definitely not the drink for me. I feel the same way with red lips! I always get nervous before I leave the house that it's "too much", but it's always the right choice. makes me feel feminine and like a badass - the exact definition of superwoman.

      Delete
  4. LOOOOOOVE it.

    1. DAMN it feels good to be a blogger. What whaaaaat. Love your outfit. Red lips, stripes and chambray? It's almost too good to be true.

    2. Love the pic of you and Brian. FRAMER!

    3. DQ? Gimme some of that goodness. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, it really does sound like the perfect day. You look adorable, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had an awesome, sweet, yummy weekend! I hope the rest of the week is just as fun. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah that looks wonderful! I'm dying to go to a winery some day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your weekend seriously was perfect! I loved when you tweeted your outfit - it seriously is quite a blogger outfit - and you look good! I haven't had a DQ blizzed in SO long - time to fix that!

    P.S. How fitting that Billy Joel was playing in my office as I read this post?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! and yes - very fitting billy was playing. an old road trip favorite of mine.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...