Tuesday, April 10, 2012

on a night with (lady) friends.

i firmly believe in guy time and girl time. i think it does a wealth of good. you lounge around (or maybe play basketball or video games or whatever it may be that guys do these days) eating, talking, getting your nails did. it's usually simple and unfussy and wholly rewarding. a testament that life is cherished and savored in everyday moments.
so in that spirit i had some of my lady friends over the other night. i made this baked risotto, which everyone loved. we drank wine. and ate leftover easter candy. and talked and laughed and talked some more. it was really nothing. but it was really everything, too.

11 comments:

  1. Girls time is a definite need! I don't have much girl time these days and I really miss it! which is why I really cherish the times I get to spend with my sisters. P.S. that risotto - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl time is the best! That's what I miss the most with having moved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun evening - it sounds perfect! I also had girl time last night. I met two of my girlfriends for froyo and we all showed up in yoga pants. It was wonderfully casual and SO good for the soul. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankful for you. (and risotto and old Easter candy and wine and laughter...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once a week a friend and I get together after work and either just talk or take a walk and talk. I am pretty sure it is one of the main reasons I haven't gone completely bananas. It is so nice to be around people who get me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh I love this! I just recently had a girl's night-and I have to say...it's the BEST! Time spent with girlfriends over food and drinks is absolutely fantastic! That risotto looks amazing too!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can’t even remember the last time I had ‘girl time’, seriously need to change that! Your evening sounds (and looks) wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Baked risottto? Yes please! Looks awesome. And there's nothing quite like hanging out with girl friends. Add a little wine to the mix and you've got a perfect night.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...