Monday, May 7, 2012

on my weekend in pictures.

we started the weekend off with another nyc brunch institution, prune, similar to the clinton street baking company. the wait for a table of two wasn't nearly as bad, but we packed a donut just in case things got tough. after a delicious bloody mary and a fried oyster omelette (i clearly miss new orleans), we jumped over to the other side of the street for some time on the swings. i was so excited to find these swings. i absolutely love swinging. i can do it for hours. and have before. after some rest in the afternoon we forged on to watch the derby, stopping into a local restaurant that happened to have a TV and a pool table we could use. so we just had a couple of drinks and watched the derby while playing pool in an empty restaurant. it was better than we could have hoped for. after that we headed to the upper west side for an andrew bird concert and recovered the next day with brunch on the river with tina. another full, but still relaxing weekend. and back to work we go...
1st street prom dresses
prune prune bloody mary
first park swings first park swings 2
sequins almond
pool table almond riverpark
brunch riverpark

14 comments:

  1. sounds like a fun weekend!! you look awesome playing pool in that sparkly top

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! sometimes I think that top is a little gaudy but I can't help myself. I just love sequins.

      Delete
  2. You always have to best weekends.

    You are living, lady! You are reeeeally living. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bloody mary, pool, swings, concert = perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, very nice photos! Sounds like a very funny week end!
    Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???
    Win a $100 gift voucher on Urban Outfitters

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should remember to always pack a donut, just in case.

    Sounds like a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. carrying around a spare donut is usually always the right choice.

      Delete
  6. I love that you had a donut in case things got tough! And swinging is the best!! We have a weird little kid swing in our backyard right now but I want Caleb to replace it with a real swing so I can spend hours swinging and doing nothing else.

    P.S. That picture of you in the sequin top is my fave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh that sounds like the best. love a good backyard swing.

      Delete
  7. Did you horse come in? I didn't bet but liked gemologist. He didn't do very well. It looks like a weekend well spent. As always, I enjoyed your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't bet either, but I wanted Hansen's horse. I have a special affinity for white/grey horses. but I'll have anther finished really strong - in excited to see if he can keep it up for the triple crown!

      Delete
  8. I LOVE SWINGING. The other day Mike and I sat until all the little kids left the swings so I could have my turn. I never hated kids so much until they're on my swings. (mostly kidding...but not really).

    And now I need a bloody mary! They gross Mike out, but that just means more for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Derby and Andrew Bird sounds like a winning weekend to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot express how much I love the fact that you brought a donut just in case enough. Clearly, not your first rodeo.


    *Erin

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...