Monday, May 14, 2012

on my weekend in pictures.

i started the weekend off with a bang - by running a 10K in central park! it was a beautiful day and i finished with a time i was really happy with. i found the 10K to be a great race for me - long enough that you are definitely pushing yourself but not so much that you feel bad after. i've run a half marathon, which definitely was a feeling of greater accomplishment, but it also was much more of an, ordeal, shall we say. but of course now i'm looking at doing a half marathon in central park in the fall. we shall see. after that we went to celebrate with some double bacon grits because that's what you do after a big run. the rest of the weekend was low-key - spending time with friends, eating good food, exploring alphabet city and spending sunday night making a quiche. all good ways to mellow out after a big race. i hope y'all had a good weekend and got to enjoy beautiful weather like we did here in nyc.
UAE 10K jumping
double bacon grits pic name
pic name thomas keller quiche

11 comments:

  1. congrats girl! I've done a 10k and a half and I feel the same way - you feel so much more accomplished after a half but a 10k is super fun and feels like you really pushed yourself but you're not completely done for afterwards. and any weekend that includes lots of yummy food is a great one in my book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lady! glad to know you're a fellow runner

      Delete
  2. Nice work on the 10k. I've never run a race before but think it would be very rewarding. The rest of the weekend sounds pretty good too. And now it is Monday. They go too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm making quiche today. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for your 10K! Running a race in Central Park sounds so fun! If I can ever convince Caleb to take me to NYC maybe I will have to bribe him with a Central Park race :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's so funny you say that! as I was running I was thinking "this would be great for a tourist to do if they're a runner...maybe I should look for races when I visit new cities". definitely bribe Caleb with this - and central park will show him a side of NYC he didn't know existed.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on your 10K run! I had trouble cycling around Central Park (some of it is surprisingly steep – well that’s my excuse and I am sticking to it)! And what better way to reward yourself than with yummy food!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so impressed! Go YOU!!

    I am attempting to become a runner. So far it's going okay, but I hope it'll get better. Keep on keepin' on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I am so not a runner but I have done a 10K before. I don't think I could do the half-marathon though. I'm envious of those of you who actually enjoy running!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, and can we please talk about where you got that fabulous top in the last set of pictures?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...