Tuesday, May 1, 2012

on new york baseball.

hot dog derek jeter
i made my first attempt to start the summer season yesterday at my first baseball game.
it was freezing. i shivered my way to the 7th inning and decided to call it a game right then and there. but, as you can see, the night was still somewhat of a success as i did have a hot dog.
if you ever come to nyc, i highly encourage catching a baseball game. both stadiums are incredibly easy to get to, and tickets fall in all price ranges.
in the bronx.
take the 4, B or D (subway) or Metro-North Railroad (train) to 161st st/stadium.
i recommend the 200 section or the bleachers. the bleachers are the most affordable and have a much better view than the nosebleed seats.
in queens.
personally, my favorite stadium.
take the 7 (subway) or the long island railroad (train) to met/willets point stadium.
i like the 300 section best, but on a warm summer night the pepsi porch would be fun, too.
ticket prices for the mets on stubhub are generally cheaper because, well, it's the mets.
enjoy!

11 comments:

  1. Catching a baseball game was on our list for our trip to New York (we even tried to learn some of the rules and terminology before we left), but we just ran out of time. I am hoping to come back one day and catch a game, maybe when the weather is warmer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I haven't been to a game in ages! I think since I was maybe 7 or 8! But I think I'd wait until it starts getting warmer anyway. I have no patience for cold weather. And hey, at least it wasn't raining, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely catch a game this summer - its so nice on a warm night. but yeah, compared to the rainy today I'll take the cold!

      Delete
  3. ...because, well, it's the Mets.

    Possibly my favorite line I'll read all day.

    Hitting up a Yankees game is tops on my list. Want to go back? I'll buy you another hotdog...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. liking the new comment name!!! and yes, if you promise me a hot dog I'm pretty much up for anything.

      Delete
  4. love it. baseball is one of those sports I love to go watch in a stadium but I would never watch on TV. and a hotdog is definitely a "must" when I go.

    I would love to check out a Yankees or Mets game sometime! Thanks for directions - super helpful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same here - love it in the stadium, not so much on the TV.

      Delete
  5. LOVE BASEBALL. Take me out to the ball game is what I say.

    It screams summer to me and that, of course, makes me smile.

    I want to eat a hot dog at a baseball game with you. In NY, or Boston, either will do. Fenway is one of my favorite places in B. Let's go Red Sox!

    (I'm not a crazy fan, just loving on my city.)

    Xo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see a game in Fenway - we gotta make it happen

      Delete
  6. We've been to one baseball game this year so far, and it was so hot until it got dark - and then we were freezing! I'm sad to say that I did not get a hotdog... next game I for sure will. Or maybe chick fil a, because they have that too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. chick fil a is also a good choice - but you know I can't resist my hot dogs!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...