Friday, June 29, 2012

on how i was the coolest person in brooklyn for a night.

well i don't know how to break this to you guys, but - i'm incredibly cool. my "cool factor", if you will, is at an all time high. i got a few friends to come with me to brooklyn (cool) to an obscure concert venue (cooler) to listen to a band only i knew (coolest). i mean - that's like 10,000 hipster points (a real thing, i checked). and i made sure to wear my cross-body bag purchased at a flea market. procuring items from stores with four walls is so very 1999. we don't like to do that in the hipster community (yes, i'm a card-carrying member).
the band? donora.
the venue? glasslands gallery.
the amount of people there? 40, give or take 2.
fans who were there for donora? 1. ME. (ok maybe others but they. don't. count.)
i know. impressive. impressive that i know about some tiny hipster band based on the amount of dance parties i've had set to britney spears music. but what can i say? sometimes i'm just really, really cool. emphasis on sometimes.
the best part about being the only fan in a concert hall of 40 people? getting your picture taken with the lead singer.
MONEY SHOT!
i definitely didn't freak her out with my level excitement. definitely not at all.
in all seriousness though, i have to thank my friends for coming along with me to an obscure, random show that went way past our bedtimes on a school night (i'm looking at you molly b!) seeing donora was a little like a dream come true, so i very much appreciated it. even if i did embarrass them with my dance moves and singing at the top of my lungs.
and if you want to check out the band, here's my favorite song from their first album and my favorite song from their second album.
does anyone else know donora? or a tiny band no one knows about but we should all check out? share below and have a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Oh this is just so fun. I love that you love music and love that you are a superfan of this hipster band (never heard of them, but I will surely give a listen!).

    You really are SO cool.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, it doesn’t surprise me in the least that you were the coolest person in Brooklyn for a night. I always read your weekend (and week day) plans with envy thinking how cool they sound! I’ve never heard of Donora but I will definitely check them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah - only for a night though! definitely check them out, they are so great!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a good time - and I'm so glad you were so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're the super hipster! I am not good at identifying bands before people know about them - I rely on cool bloggers for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha me too! I could never be this cool on my own.

      Delete
  5. I pretty much kept thinking the whole night... Man, how COOL is Colleen?!

    The answer: So very.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - yet your face that night told such a different story ;)

      Delete
  6. Now that I think about it, you might be too cool for me. :/ But maybe you can elevate me to your level of coolness? Yes please.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...