Monday, June 11, 2012

on my weekend in pictures.

after all the travel of last week, we aimed for a low-key weekend (which i started a bit early on thursday). a friend and i went to check out the brooklyn winery - and i can say i was duly impressed. if you were a tourist i would put this on the list for things to see that are off the beaten path. just one subway stop out of manhattan, this winemaker/restaurant buys grapes from around the country and makes their own wine. on thursday they released their new wines and all of the ones i tried were awesome - again, highly recommended (plus, the food was great). and, because this is brooklyn, wine is served in a beaker. ahhh, brooklyn. you never cease to amaze. after that i went upstate to visit brian on what turned out to be a beautiful weekend. on saturday night we saw dave matthews, and being a summer concert i wore my cowboy boots around all day. before the concert we ate some homemade pulled pork - this was the second summer we used sherri lynn's crockpot pulled pork recipe - and the second summer we loved it! the concert was great, and sunday we just lazed around until i had to come back to the city. and with that, back to work we go.
a sea of lighters.

11 comments:

  1. Your weekend sounds perfectly relaxing and summer-y. I love that picture of your view on the train to visit Brian - it's gorgeous! And it makes me so happy that you made that pulled pork recipe again this year! I feel like in a little way I was part of your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you totally were! we seriously love that recipe - so good and so easy. we already have another pork cut in the freezer ready to make it again :)

      Delete
  2. I love my crockpot. I'll use it all summer too. I've made pork fajitas but never pulled pork. Looks like this weekend was a winner. I just love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pulled pork sounds amazing right now. love your dress/boots combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lady! check out that recipe - it's a keeper, and easy to boot (get it, boot?! ahhhhh...)

      Delete
  4. this inspires me to take you to Napa with me! It would be a blast!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. trust me, i would happily go with you ;)

      Delete
  5. OHHHHHH gurl.

    Jealous of your DMB concert adventure!!!

    Basically love every picture in this post. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

    Glad you had a good weekend! The weather was perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just about died of jealousy here! A winery and a Dave Matthews concert! Will be adding the Brooklyn Winery to my list of things to see when I come back to New York!

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like an amazing weekend. This really is a fabulous post, love. If you get a second, I'd love to hear what you think of my latest wedding post and guest blog for Lauren Conrad. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just wanted to stop by, say hello and introduce myself.
    I'm from good old blighty so about as far removed from NYC as I could possibly be, but I love your heartfelt blog posts. They have had me reading for a good hour or so.
    So anyway, hello and keep writing - your thoughts are so very poignant and make for a wonderful read.
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...