Monday, June 18, 2012

on my weekend in pictures.

for many reasons, this was a great weekend. i saw friends, family, laughed a lot and ate good food. but i also had some things hanging over my head, worrying me, putting me at unease. so i kept coming back to this post. reminding myself that even the not-so-good parts of this weekend i was lucky to have, especially since they were balanced out with so much good. i wore a great pair of shoes to work on friday. strawberries have finally hit my farmer's market, and i continue to love all the spinach and tomatoes and eating so much fresh produce. brian and i went to our favorite brooklyn brunch spot, followed by a stop at the flea market, and we feel in love with the fort greene neighborhood in brooklyn even more (especially the little girl giving away lemonade to dads for free). at night we went to see aziz ansari stand-up, and as a huge parks and rec fan, i was delighted. he was hilarious, to say the least. and then sunday brought some family time when brian and i left the city for my little cousin's graduation party.
another great weekend. even writing all of this out has made me feel better. it can be hard to have all aspects of your life sync up - sometimes parts of it needs more work, or sometimes everything is running smoothly. but remembering and taking joy in what is going smoothly and happily can always help refocus you. and with that - into monday we go.

10 comments:

  1. It’s funny (and sad) how worry can sometimes overshadow the good stuff. That’s why I find blogging to be such good medicine. There is nothing better than going back through previous posts and seeing all the good stuff written down for you to recount again. As usual, your weekend plans have me thinking I really need to get out more! Hope this week is as stress-free as can be for you! Thanks for the Monday pickmeup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. seriously - blogging is so nice in providing that perspective.

      Delete
  2. I've found that blogging helps me pull out the good in my day/week - focusing on the fun or the beautiful or the unexpected helps me see my day in a different light. I'm glad that posting about your weekend made you feel better today! Friday's shoes seriously were fabulous, and free lemonade for dads? so sweet! Have a great Monday Colleen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sherri Lynn! I hope you do, too.

      Delete
  3. The free lemonade for Dads is SUCH a cute idea! And I totally agree with Sherri. Blogging helps me to put things in a positive perspective. I love looking back and reminiscing about all the fun and good things in my life. Never want to take that for granted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't that so cute? we gave her an extra dollar because she was just the cutest little future businesswoman.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you had a nice weekend and I'm sorry some parts were overshadowed by worries. Living in the moment can be so difficult. I'm always reminded of a poster that hung in my high school health class "92% of what you worry about never happens". Of course the worrier in me thought but 8% does. This comment got ramble-y and I've lost my train of thought. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute shoes, good food and beer, beautiful weather. looked like such a good weekend...if not for the little worries in life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I bet Aziz was HILARIOUS in person - I watched his latest DC special and was dying laughing. Hope that this week looks up for you and happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those shoes-and Dads Only: Free-how adorable! Looks like an awesome weekend! I need to live in the moment so much more than I do, I just carried away with the future and things that I "should be" doing.

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...