Wednesday, June 13, 2012

on a resolution.

last year my resolution was to indulge my creative side a little more and...start a blog. as we can see, that has been going pretty well. not as in - i'm an amazing blogger known throughout foreign lands and far and wide, but as in - i did it and have continued to do it and toodle doodle doo. everyone let out a slow clap for me.
so this year i decided to do another actionable resolution. and that was to send a card to brian once a month. this is, hopefully (fingers and toes crossed), our last year long-distance. like 99% sure it is. and to make the not best situation better, i decided to have fun with it and send him little reminders of how much i appreciate him. i mean, who doesn't like a random piece of mail? i'm pretty sure he's onto me by now, so i want to post some of my favorite cards that i have found. since this has been such a deliberate process, i decided to give some support to the handmade community and only buy cards from etsy. below are some i sent and some of my favorite finds. some are funny, some are heartfelt, some are crude, some are touching. i love them all.
pic name pic name pic name
1/2/3
pic name pic name pic name
4/5/6
pic name pic name pic name
7/8/9
and lastly, it started with a card from this shop and led into a print for my friend getting married and then a print for myself. if you love reading, this is the shop for you. it's pure awesomeness.
pic name pic name pic name
even if the year ends with us in the same city, i think i may keep this up. sure, it's cheesy to send a card to someone you see every day, but stopping for a moment and collecting your thoughts to tell someone how much you appreciate them, cheesy or not, is always worth it.

13 comments:

  1. I think this is the best resolution! Caleb and I are a huge fan of cards/notes to each other, even though we see each other every day. That reminds me that I'm probably overdue for another one. And I need to check that last etsy shop out! Love that Pride & Prejudice quote!

    p.s. So excited that this is your last year long distance!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not cheesy at all. It is a great habit to form, telling someone you love them, reminding them that you really do care, even for no reason at all or all the reasons in the world. Brian is a pretty lucky guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is too cute! I wish I had done this when we were long-distance while we were engaged. Loving alllll of those adorable cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sending (and getting) cards and letters! It's definitely one of the few perks of being long distance. Mike and I still write in our little journal to each other every once in a while. It's something you can keep forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet idea. I love stationary and cards. I don't get as big of a kick out of writing them out. Have you made any yourself? That's always good for the creative self.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love sending cards and think it's so sweet that you do. Long distance is tough to do and I'm glad that you're able to keep the hope (and fire) alive

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great idea. I used to send cards all the time in college and the few years right after. I was super serious about it. When my best friend went to Ireland abroad junior year I sent her a couple cards a week!

    I need to get back into doing this again this summer-- it's on the bucket list!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to send cards to friends from college right after we graduated and everyone was dispersed to different cities. Who doesn't love mail?! This is such a nice tradition you've started. I love the idea of breaking out of your daily routine to tell someone how you really feel about them. Good luck keeping it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My guy just saw these over my shoulder and cracked up over the 'i love you more than wine' card - very apt for me! I don't think I send enough cards and yet I love receiving them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love it



    xx

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. ADORE! This is soo sweet and I love the cards you found. The back-alley crack card is hysterical and I have to say-you are a fantastic girlfriend for doing this! I am such a hand-written note kind of girl, and I think I'm going to start buying ETSY cards to send to anyone and everyone!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my goodness these are so sweet and fabulous. Adore this post, love. I just posted pictures from my wedding reception. I'd love if you'd take a second to swing by. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this is a beautiful idea. When we were long distance, I sent the boyfriend cards every once in a while but not every month. I love that you're doing it and I def think it's worth keeping up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...