Tuesday, July 10, 2012

on my {extended} weekend {in virginia} in pictures.

oh virginia. such a wonderful, beautiful, perfect state (can you tell i'm biased? ;) i got back yesterday morning after a canceled flight on sunday kept me there one more night, the only hiccup in the trip. myself and brian went down to the old dominion to visit my parents, like we do every fourth of july. we lay by the pool, read books, go wine tasting, grill out on the porch and make s'mores. pretty much what we do every year. coming from new york city it feels like a different world, and i miss the mountains, and the pool, and my family quite a bit. if you've never been to virginia, i of course recommend it - it's relaxing, beautiful, and there's plenty to do.
i hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and a great weekend - and if you're a reader in virginia, i'm jealous!

14 comments:

  1. Sounds perfect. And you really have some amazing photos. Love the one by the pool - so serene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you - I keep looking at the pool photo while inside my cubicle. definitely miss it.

      Delete
  2. glad you had a great 4th of July! I love that we share a love affair with Virginia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SIGH.

    That place looks like a dream. Wine tasting and poolside days and hot air balloons and porches with rocking chairs?

    TAKE ME THERE. Take me there now.

    Glad you had a fun trip with Brian and your family. It sounds (and looks!) like it was wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) and yes, I consider it a dream too. can't wait to go back...

      Delete
  4. It looks beautiful there. Smoresssss - yum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know smores - my favorite summer pastime!

      Delete
  5. Coleen, I love how much you love both NYC and Virginia. Looks like you had a really fun time. I love the hot air balloon pic.

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you - i get so twisted as to where to go next, stay here or go back south. so many wonderful places to live in this world.

      Delete
  6. Your time in VA sounds perfect and so summer-y! I love that hot air balloon - did you ride it?

    P.S. I think you should start doing outfit posts - I like your style and your clothes are always so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we didn't - although this vineyard does a dawn/dusk hot air balloon every day, i'm thinking maybe next time! and you are too kind - i used to do outfit posts every now and then and really liked them - i love hearing people's opinions and getting to share tips. i need to get back to doing those every now and then (i.e. make brian take picture, haha!)

      Delete
  7. Whenever Mike and I get down there to visit his family we should definitely try to meet up! Any chance you're coming home for Thanksgiving?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i will! i'll only be there for a few days but keep me up to date with your plans - how fun if we could meet up!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...