Monday, July 16, 2012

on my weekend in pictures.

we had a very new york weekend this time, centered around a day trip to coney island. not only did i get to eat a hot dog and ride the cyclone, a favorite roller coaster, but we also rode a roller coaster where the seats are horses! if i thought my day couldn't get any more perfect, it did, real quick. coney island is a must visit in my book - if not your first time you come to nyc, then the next. it's gotta be on the list. i'll admit it's seedy and has some unsavory characteristics, but it's a classic, it's fun and you get to eat a hot dog at the original nathan's. trust me, it's a must see. after all that fun we laid low - having a quiet pizza dinner with friends, followed by a lazy sunday, complete with a delicious brunch.
so back to work we go - too bad i can't ride a mechanical horse to get there.

9 comments:

  1. I've lived in NY for 15 years and have yet to go to Coney Island. One day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh you must! it's such a classic.

      Delete
  2. I love CI; have since I was a little kid. I'm certainly going to make it out there one of these days - it's been too long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend! I've never been to Coney Island but it does sound like it's one of those things you just have to do. And the original Nathan's?! I would be in hot dog heaven! Pretty cloud picture, too. Glad you had a fun weekend! And I hope your week is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever heard Kumail Nanjiani's skit on the Cyclone? If you haven't, you must! It's so hilarious. And that horse roller coaster is so freaking crazy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, I've only been once, but it only took that one visit to root itself in my heart. =) This made me nostalgic. Beautiful pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to ride the cyclone SO BAD! Maybe next time! Also, I can't imagine the roller coaster with the horse seats-- but I like it. Any kind of roller coaster I like. What a rush.

    There's this song I teach to my first graders that I think would be appropriate to share now:


    {Hot Dogs FOREVER-- by unknown}


    Hotdogs for breakfast!
    Hotdogs for lunch!
    Hotdogs,
    Hotdogs,
    All in a bunch!

    You can eat'em with mustard!
    You can eat'em with cheese!
    You can eat'em
    Any way you please!

    Eat'em from the bar-b-q.
    Eat'em from the pot.
    Eat'em cold, or
    Eat'em hot.
    Eat'em standing up,
    Or down on your knees.

    Hotdogs,
    Hotdogs.
    Please! Please! Please!

    HA. HA. HA. That one always CRACKS. ME. UP.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coney Island! How fun! Another thing to add to the list for my future NY trip... Glad you had a great weekend! It's so fun being outside even if it's hot. That's just part of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am intrigued by the horse-seat roller coaster.

    *Erin

    P.S. I love that you are always eating:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...