Wednesday, August 1, 2012

on a favorite summer flavor combination.

last summer was the first time i tried watermelon and mint together, at one time, in one bite. and since then i've been hooked, looking at all sorts of recipes to make to keep the magic alive. and this one is a favorite: watermelon lemon mint cooler.
you'll need:
3 mint leaves
1/2 a lemon
1/2 a banana
1 cup of cubed watermelon
1/2 cup of coconut water
3 ice cubes
if you have a blender i recommend using that over a food processor - mine didn't quite chop up the ice. oh well. it was still freakin' delicious and took less than a minute to make.
it's also an easy recipe to amend - use lime and basil instead of lemon and mint, use greek yogurt instead of coconut water to make it a smoothie, throw in some protein powder to get more protein, add in some gin or vodka for a little kick. i don't know. i'm just spitballin' here. what i do know is that it's august, and i'll be drinking these on the regular until labor day to enjoy the last month of summer.

14 comments:

  1. This sounds amazingly refreshing. Watermelon and mint ar indeed a great pairing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. right?! i dream about it in the winter, honest to god.

      Delete
  2. This is just the kind of drink I was craving when the temperatures soared last week! Definitely bookmarking this for when the heat makes an appearance again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would honestly never think to put watermelon into a drink, but it sounds like a perfectly delicious way to keep cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you gotta get on it fellow lover of the summer!

      Delete
  4. YUM! That looks so refreshing. Thanks for the recommendation. I'm adding it to my post-workout routine! Typically, I make this shake after my workouts: banana, tbsp. of peanut butter, scoop of French vanilla Designer Whey protein powder, splash of milk, ice cubes, and... wait for it... tbsp. of Nutella. Nutella for the win! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. holy. hell. that sounds amazing! i need to get on this immediately.

      Delete
  5. Oh boy, I need a blender! Then I can make all types of smoothies

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds delicious and refreshing - I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never would have put these flavors together, but now I am intrigued. Watermelon makes a great base for anything.

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I may be the last person on earth to try the mint & watermelon combo. I see it everywhere but have never made anything. this drink might be my first taste; I'm slightly obsessed with cold, fruity drinks in the summertime!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohmygosh. Ohmygosh. You are rocking my world right now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...