Monday, August 6, 2012

on my weekend in pictures.

if last weekend was all about relaxing, this weekend was all about good eating. it started off when i got home from work in friday and made a blackberry pie, and ended with an attempt at slow-roasting ribs in the oven (it worked!). in between all that we caught up with a friend and caught some more episodes of friday night lights and found a new favorite restaurant in brooklyn. if you live in the city and despair over not being able to grill out, i would check this place out - they grill everything, even the tomatoes. i hope your weekend was as delicious as mine!

6 comments:

  1. How did the blackberry pie turn out? We have big bunches of them that grow wild in the empty field next door and I have been wondering what to make with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to post the recipe tomorrow - it was delicious!

      Delete
  2. It's peach season! I can't wait to get down and bake some peach tarts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love making peach cobblers - very happy for peach season too!

      Delete
  3. A weekend filled with good food is a good weekend in my books. Your pie looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I agree with Sherri Lynn, weekends filled with tasty food are the best kind! I've been thinking about trying to make ribs recently, too. Glad to hear you had success in the oven, since our grill is busted!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...