Monday, August 13, 2012

on my weekend in pictures.

to say that my weekend in nashville was low-key would be an understatement. a lot of times my weekends out of town consist of lots of activities due to weddings, bachelorette parties or simply being a tourist in a new place. but since i lived in nashville and was staying with old friends, it was anything but that. we went to our favorite places and watched the olympics and took naps. it was a perfect way to relax in one of my favorite places in the world. if you're ever in town, i recommend...
the breakfast burrito at bongo java in belmont
the best fried pickles at sportsman's
a run in centennial park
a life-changing cupcake at dulce desserts
buffalo-chicken pizza at mellow mushroom
the country music hall of fame, even if you don't like country music
pancakes at pancake pantry
brunch at margot
outlet shopping at opry mills
an innovative meal at the catbird seat, prepared right in front of you
followed by a drink at patterson house
and a little honky tonk dancing at the stage
before ending the night with a little karaoke at lonnie's

17 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud at the life-changing cupcake! Also, what exactly is honky tonk dancing? I think a demonstration might be in order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. put on some cowboy boots and i'll show you!

      Delete
  2. MELLOW MUSHROOM. so good. i actually made a copycat version of their buffalo chicken pizza last night. so so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no way!!!! I love that buffalo chicken pizza - it's just beyond. awesome that you can make a version.

      Delete
  3. What a fun weekend! I went to Nashville last summer for a wedding and I have to say it was an amazing city! Glad you had a good time visiting old friends and an old home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it - the city is really a gem.

      Delete
  4. I've never been to Nashville but I've always wanted to visit. Sounds like you had the perfect weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the wisdom you shared! I haven't been to Nashville since I was a child, but I would love to go back.

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Need to plan a trip to Nashville. Fabulous post! I've got some exciting news regarding my LaurenConrad.com post. Hope you'll stop by to check it out. Oh, and thanks so much for the book recommendation. I have quite the must read list now. :) xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love Nashville!! Such a fun city! Sometimes just chillin is the best way to spend a weekend in my opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed - glad to hear you like Nashville!

      Delete
  8. thanks for all the nashville suggestions! my parents live just over the border in alabama but i never spent much time there growing up. i'm planning on heading to nashville for a football game in october and was in need of some local tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my gosh I'm so jealous - I assume it's a vandy football game (and you're either with roll tide or the tigers!) so jealous - love SEC football. when it gets closer to your trip feel free to email me and I can give you tips about attending the game, where to go after, and so forth. you'll have a blast!

      Delete
    2. You're on top of things! Auburn Tiger here :) The ONLY good thing about summer ending is the beginning of football season. I will definitely be emailing you for more Nashville tips before we head down! Thanks!

      Delete
  9. Oh, SEC football! My Mizzou tigers are joining the conference this year, and I'm looking forward to playing new teams. Fun!

    We used to love in Kansas City, and I was just thinking this week about how I'd love to go visit soon, and spend a weekend just hanging out. I love hanging out in an old stomping ground.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOWZA! You make me miss Nashville, big time, with this wonderful post about fun things to do in Nashville! Good thing the season ends soon, and we'll be back there ;) Hope you had fun there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...