Monday, August 20, 2012

on my weekend in pictures.

oh this weekend. we laughed, we cried, we laughed some more. we ate some chocolate. all in the name of the great 2012 new york city apartment search. that's right folks, brian is moving to nyc and we need to find him an apartment. good riddance long distance relationship! (although i will miss the sunsets along the hudson on the train ride up there). we focused mainly on brooklyn and i'm happy to say we have a number one choice and a great fallback option. a successful weekend indeed. the agony of what an apartment search in new york brings was quelled by chocolate, red wine, pasta, pasta, and more pasta (including this recipe i tried, which was awesome), along with a visit with a local fire station dog. while i can't say i'm looking forward to the moving process, i can say i'm looking forward to living by my boyfriend for the first time in almost three-and-a-half years. yes, i can definitely say i'm looking forward to that. 

16 comments:

  1. Ooooh! How exciting for you both! I recently discovered the joys of Snickers ice-cream and it usually gets me through most stressful events in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay! I can't wait to see what area you guys end up in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I was crossing my fingers this would happen sooner than later! Miss youuuuuu.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, yes, yes!!!!! So happy! Thrilled for you, friend!

    What wonderful news. :)

    Xo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is SO exciting Brian is moving to NYC! I'm sure you will love being together in the same city! Congrats to you! Glad you had a nice weekend too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Congratulations! We did just over a year being about 2 hours apart. When we first moved in together after that, I never wanted either of us to leave the house...it was such a relief to be close!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so happy that your long distance will be over soon! And it's also great that you were able to find an apartment (and back-up) that are good options. Being in the same city will be so. nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you all for your sweet words - we are pumped!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO exciting! The closest I ever came to long distance was when Mike spent a semester in Switzerland in college. Um, noooo thank you. So great that you'll finally be close to each other!! YAY!! Where upstate has Brian been living?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. saratoga - we'll definitely miss it!

      Delete
  10. SNICKERS ICE CREAM BARS!!!! are the best...I'm super jealous right now. && I am soo soo happy for you that Brian is moving to NYC-you are soo lucky!!! I am stuck in the long-distance thing! bleh!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.truffles-ruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! So exciting. I think I'm one of the few people who enjoys apartment hunting although doing it in NYC is brutal. I'm probably a little biased but Brooklyn is the best place ever :) Good luck with the search!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! This is BIG! So happy for you guys. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, yeah! I'm so happy for you guys. I'm sure the long distance relationship has gotten pretty old by now. It will be such a treat to live together, and get to see each other EVERY NIGHT! Woo!! I can't wait to see your new place once you do pick the right place to live. So fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...