Thursday, August 23, 2012

on saying yes.

weirdo alert.
i know it's been a little quiet around these parts, but i'm just enjoying the end of summer, where the whole world seems to slow down a bit. last night i found myself behind the bar, instead of sidled up to it, pouring pints and perfecting my martini. that's right - i was a bartender for the night. a bar my co-workers frequent has a guest bartending series in the summer and they asked if i would want to do it - and the answer to that was yes. i've found that saying yes to the oddest opportunities can usually make for a good time. so for one night i was a bartender in manhattan - i poured perfect pints of guinness, made my first martini and perfected the gin gimlet i love so much. i can't wait to do it again next summer - they asked if i wanted them to hold me a spot and i, of course, said yes.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I love this! You would make for a great bartender, I'm sure you had a blast! What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. Saying yes can take you so far! I just wish I could be in NYC when you bartend - that would be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so fun! I love that you are always up for trying new things/going new places. I think I need to work on saying yes more...somewhere along the way all of the things I "have" to do have gotten in the way of all of the random, unnecessary (but at the same time necessary in the sense that it makes for a more full life) things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's really fun! I know in Manhattan some bars will do guest bartending events for charity, which can get really fun (and sloppy)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic experience! I did this for a night in a bar down the road from us a few years ago - it was so much fun but I think I drank more drinks that I served (clearly I need to learn to say no more)!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I asked for one of these somewhere and the bartender didn't know what it was. That should be illegal. But I totally have all the ingredients from your recipe and am going to have one right now!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...