Tuesday, September 11, 2012

on remembering.

via here.
last year, it being the ten year anniversary, 9/11 was on my mind much more. stories ran in every paper up here, everyone seemed to talk about it. this year, it kind of snuck up on me. it's easy, even in nyc, as we go through our daily life to slowly forget about that day, it's impact on the world, and those families who lost loved ones. this article i read yesterday was very sobering - reminding me that those victim's families are still dealing with their losses in a very tangible way, even ten years later. so, here's to another day of remembrance and not forgetting what happened eleven years ago today.

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that photo. I feel the same way - 9/11 definitely crept up on me this year. Remembering today the victims' families who remember EVERY day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo gives me shivers. I've taken a few moments out of today to pause to think and remember and reflect and give silence. It's funny how life goes on for us, but for so many I'm sure it seems like it was just yesterday. I'm off to read the article you linked to now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts today were along the same lines... thinking of the victims' families and how today is about a very personal loss for them, not just a significant day in the history of the U.S...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a little teary-eyed looking at that photo. It sort of snuck up on me this year too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So important that we all remember this day. Thank you for dedicating a post to it. xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...