Monday, October 1, 2012

on my weekend in pictures.

well, it's official. i'm in an interborough relationship. a manhattan girl dating a brooklyn boy. our first week living near one another has been quite nice, and our weekend was the same. we started off saturday with a run across the brooklyn bridge, something i can cross off of new york city bucket list (and something i can now do every saturday morning - pretty pumped about it). we spent our day at berry park, a place i've frequented in brooklyn for a while now. good beer, great views from the rooftop, and never crowded. (a good way for tourists to relax in brooklyn? check out the brooklyn brewery then come here for some food and a view of the manhattan skyline - something i've written about before really early on in this blog). the rest of our weekend we laid low - and sunday morning i may have overloaded my pumpkin pancakes with chocolate chips. some mistakes are worth repeating, right?

12 comments:

  1. I've heard running across the Brooklyn Bridge can be crazy, but I guess on a weekend morning it might work out well. I woul love to to run there... And in Central Park!

    (also, I'm wearing my new Brooklyn Brewery tshirt today!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was totally fine on Saturday - a great run! love that you're representing Brooklyn today!

      Delete
  2. I am so jealous of your run over Brooklyn Bridge (and as usual, all your yummy weekend food)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you have tons of cool runs to go on in London though!

      Delete
  3. If I had a fun place to run like the Brooklyn Bridge maybe I would exercise more...

    I'm glad to hear your first week living in the same city was good! Hope you're having a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a great Monday too!!

      Delete
  4. He is a cutie!! Well done, Colleen:) I want that pretzel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun weekend! I love the way you are wearing your hair in the first pic. I can't wait to check out the Brooklyn Brewery when I come up! We are really trying to make this happen this fall/Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh man that makes me excited!!! I hope it happens!!

      Delete
  6. Oooh, that dimple... and that pancake... YUM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This weekend sounds just terrific. Love that you get to run over the Brooklyn Bridge! I hope you scream "THIS IS LIVINGGGGGGG" the whole way across. If I ever become a runner, and if I ever run across the Brooklyn Bridge, that is what I would yell the whole way over.

    SO AWESOME.

    P.S. Wish I was drinking some of those bevys with you ladies. That first picture is a particularly fun one that makes me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray to being together. Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...