Monday, October 22, 2012

on my weekend in pictures.

can we first just point out how awesome the weather was this weekend? simply perfect, and i loved the warmer temps we got in nyc. along with the amazing weather, i had some pretty amazing food that this city has to offer. i ate it all this weekend: a roast pork sandwich from porchetta and donut from dough (i am seriously obsessed with this place) at the brooklyn flea, a great mexican brunch in brooklyn, and, to top it all off, spending my saturday night at mission chinese food. yes - we had to show up at 5:30 to put our name on the list when the line was already out the door, yes - we had to wait an hour, and yes - the food was amazing. we also happened to sit next to a guy who sells yachts in monaco and was back in america for a boat convention. the stories he had to tell. it made me fall in love with new york all over again - the food, the neighborhoods, the people, the weather, the culture. she had it all this weekend, this old city of mine. and boy do i love her for it.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome. I've been wanting to try Dough for a while now. Dunkin Donuts never quite does it for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are soooooo good. you have to try them! their store is near a g stop, but they also sell them at the Brooklyn flea (obviously).

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous weekend! And that skirt!!! It's SO gorgeous! Cheers to a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't tell you how many times I have gone to the Brooklyn Flea or Smorgasburg and longingly eyed that Dough booth and still have not tried one! One of these days its going to happen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you have to get it next time - they are amazing!

      Delete
    2. You will not regret it for a single second. I dream of those donuts most nights.

      Delete
  4. ohh my goodness that donut. The last time I had a really GOOD donut was like June, so clearly I am way overdue. So glad you had such a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post. Mostly, I think because I love food so much.

    Also, I just love how you love NY.

    Glad you had a good weekend! And hooray to the warm temps! I was in heaven. HEAVEN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know how unbelievably jealous I am of your culinary conquests. I also bow down to your patience at having to wait an hour for a seat, I just couldn’t do it! I get grouchy having to wait for 10 minutes at Wagamamas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh your weekend sounds magical! I need a NYC weekend asap! And I really want to take a bite out of that donut you are eating! Plus I've always wanted to try the Mission Chinese food! LUCKY GIRL!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.truffles-ruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could eat your weekend. It all sounds so fabulous.


    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg, your skirt is amazing. So glad the weather was great for you. It sounds amazing. If you get a sec, I'd love if you'd enter my jewelry giveaway from my Fash collection and check out my latest style column for Lauren Conrad's site. Thanks, love. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...