Thursday, November 8, 2012

on necessary evils.

as i walked home in the blizzard from work last night, cursing myself for forgetting my rainboots at home, i also came to a sad realization: i need to buy new flats. and as i've said before, i own two pairs of flats and i resent them both. but on one pair the sole is half ripped off and on the other the sole is so thin it feels as if i'm walking barefoot. while i hate going out and spending money on new flats, it must be done. flats, like a teething baby, are a necessary evil. which makes sense because if babies never got teeth they'd never stop breast feeding and who really wants their kid sucking on their tatas for their whole life (logic, by colleen). and so, i present unto you: flats i would buy if forced to at gunpoint (sounds like a great new lecture series!) and all of these are under $50 because FUCK THAT SHIT i need to spend my money on stilettos y'all.
but in all seriousness i kind of like number 9. putting a tiger on a flat makes it much fiercer.
Flats Under $50
row 1 (l-r): 1/2/3
row 2 (l-r): 4/5/6
row 3 (l-r): 7/8/9

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I love you... and I love that I cannot relate to this at all! I love flats and I would gladly purchase any one of those that you selected and wear them proudly. Particularly numbers 2, 7, & 8!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know - most people don't feel quite as strongly as I do.

      Delete
  2. Colleen you are the best! I'm with Laura - I wear flats almost every day because my feet just do not love heels! I love all of these that you picked... especially 2, 6, 8, & 9 - the tiger is awesome and I think you should pick these to be your newest necessary evil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes - it should totally be my next necessary evil! and i think that's the best way to phrase it.

      Delete
  3. This cracks me up. Since most of our time together involves epic travel I think of you mostly wearing flip flops, running shoes, cowboy boots etc. however if I put some thought into it it does not surprise me at all that you despise flats. I am a huge fan of 9, 2 and 8 and actually have 1 in red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am so glad you called me out on this! BUT...it's why i phrase it as a *necessary* evil. while i despise flats i still have to walk to the subway, carry groceries home from work or sightsee, etc. (although i change into heels at work). so i wear flats because i don't want to mess up my feet so badly that i'd never heels again and wearing heels sightseeing is way too much pain! and this is one of the sole reasons i dream about being rich enough to have a driver that would meet me outside my apt/grocery store/work and allow me to wear heels ALL THE TIME because i wouldn't walk anywhere. alternatively, i could just move back to nashville and live that dream without hiring a driver, haha.

      also - cowboy boots are in a category all their own girl.

      Delete
  4. I LOVE FLATS. But you knew this about me already.

    2, 8, and 8, please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know - i thought of you while i wrote this post actually!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...