Monday, December 3, 2012

on my weekend in pictures.

this weekend was a very brooklyn-y and christmas-y weekend (as if those are words). we started it early on thursday by going out and getting my favorite pizza in nyc at motorino (their crust will change your life). during sandy they stayed open by filling the restaurant with candles and serving pizza from their wood-burning oven, so it was nice to go and support them back. that theme continued into saturday morning when we went to red hook after a morning run across the brooklyn bridge. my favorite restaurant in the neighborhood, fort defiance, was back open, truly a feat after having lost their entire kitchen. their breakfast continues to knock my socks off, and being low on supplies they served me sugar for my coffee in a shot glass. how can you just not love it there? after all that deliciousness we set out to accomplish our one goal for the weekend - getting brian his first nyc christmas tree. complete with the one ornament he owns. he's quite proud of his tree and his apartment smells like perfection (of course). all we have to do is get me my tree from my local deli, in true new york style. sunday finished out the weekend with a homemade frittata, which i'll post here sometime this week.
it was another wonderful and delicious weekend, made better by the fact that christmas season is in full swing here in nyc - i couldn't be happier.

15 comments:

  1. Awww! Look at Brian and his tree! Still giggling over the fact that you get your trees from the deli!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - he's very proud of his first tree. and even after a few years of living here, it's still so strange to me that we can get trees at the local deli. what a town.

      Delete
  2. Love your Christmas tree! Looks like a fun weekend! Also, your accessories are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little tree! Is he going to buy more ornaments for it or is he sticking with that one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think right now it's the one. perhaps he'll get some as gifts under the tree this Christmas :)

      Delete
  4. What a cute mini tree! So happy to hear that Fort Defiance is getting back on its feet. I haven't been to Red Hook in a while. I need to get my butt down there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it was insanely delicious as usual - go when you get a chance!

      Delete
  5. That tree is the best. So Charlie Brown and magical.

    And the local deli? Sounds like a good a place as any to get a tree.

    You are right. WHAT A TOWN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brian's Christmas tree is so cute! And his one ornament - love it! Your weekend does sound really fun and Christmas-y :) I love your arm party going on and your pretty heart ring - you have the best taste! Hope your week is off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lady - you too! and those bracelets? forever 21. never lets me down.

      Delete
  7. What a fun weekend! I LOVE Brian's little tree - it's so cute!

    I always love seeing that heart ring of yours. It's just so simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's adorable! thank you so much for that compliment - I love that ring, which Brian gave to me for my bday it's from etsy. what would we do without etsy!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...