Monday, February 4, 2013

on my weekend in pictures.

holy moly friends. this was one of the most delicious weekends of my life. wings for the superbowl, bacon for breakfast, salty grilled clams for dinner! whew. (although i do feel like i consumed enough salt and fat to last me a lifetime. oops.) it was one of those weekends where with each bite of food i was internally grateful that i live in nyc (if the only the rent weren't too damn high). ahhh well. enjoy it while i can i suppose.
the highlight of the weekend was as we sat in st. asnlem (our second trip, blew our socks off again), with the lights low, cozy as could be, and it started snowing - huge, big, white fluffy flakes. brian and i looked outside, finally taking a break from eating, and both captured the perfection of that moment. we agreed we wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world just then. and on sunday afternoon, when it started up again, we both stood near his windows, entranced. i guess we really, truly love snow. but in the middle of a bitterly cold winter, i feel as though snow is mother nature's way of producing something so beautiful out of something so harsh that it should give us pause. and the forecast says it should snow a couple more times this week - i'll be using that to help me get through to next weekend. and maybe some more delicious food.

12 comments:

  1. I meant to tell you on IG that I thought your shoes were total fabulousness! So here I am and those shoes are....well, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect. The snow is what's getting me through as well! Somedays I honestly feel like I can't keep warm!

    Love your weekend. And also, I've been thinking I miss you lately. I miss your real live self so I think we're going to have to do something to change that soon.

    Have a great week, Colleen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you too! I'm hoping we get to Boston in the spring to is it Brian's sister, which would mean we get to see you!!

      Delete
  3. You have made me hungry again! I loved your description of the snow! And we need a story on those shoes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! i have to get a little more wear into them, see what they tell me (naturally).

      Delete
  4. Oh how I miss fluffy white snow! Not everyday, but it's nice once in a while. LOVE those shoes, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes - i'll take snow in february. there's so little else to get excited about (and, i don't drive here in nyc, which really helps).

      Delete
  5. aww sounds like an amazing weekend-and I totally know what you mean by consuming so much fat and salt! The Superbowl does it for us! It's like another holiday! LOVE those red shoes!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.truffles-ruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your shoes! I mean, your SHOES! LOVE them. I could never pull them off but they are fabulous! I also like what you said about snow - mother nature's way of making something so beautiful out of something so harsh. So poetic and beautiful! I might have to write that one down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you - those were my ramblings in the wee hours of this morning.

      and sherri - you're a blonde! we can pull anything off ;)

      Delete
  7. Those shoes! I hope there is a good story behind those puppies :)

    Glad you had a great weekend. The snow was pretty gorgeous. There is nothing so serene as sitting inside watching it fall.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...