Tuesday, February 19, 2013

on my weekend in pictures.

this weekend was all about the ladies - i kicked the weekend off with a galentine's day celebration (such an important holiday) and ended it with a long dinner with some of my favorite bloggers (and a couple of other friends, too).
but let's talk about galentine's day.
on friday there was a donora show, so i invited out the same lady friends who went with me to the last one as a way to celebrate galentine's day, which formally falls on the 13th. (and if you're not an avid parks and rec fan like myself, here is a galentine's day description). we decided to go to beauty and essex, which, if you're ever looking to have a very fun night with your lady friends or perhaps are participating in a bachelorette party, i strongly recommend. the food is great and very shareable, and there is a champagne bar in the ladies' room. like - someone just stands there and serves everyone champagne. almost as if someone took my dreams and made them a reality. and, as it so happens, when it's galentine's day and you're with some of your best pals and there's a champagne bar in the ladies' room and the food is delicious and whatnot, you start to talk and laugh and talk some more and laugh some more and before you know it you've covered every subject possible.
and then it's 10:30 and you've basically missed the whole donora show except for one song.
oh galentine's day. i should have known better.
so my advice from here on out is that you're having a fun night with your girlfriends and need to be somewhere by 10 PM, i recommend a dinner reservation at 5 PM. just to be safe.
 

12 comments:

  1. LOVE the idea of Galentine's Day! (I've got lots of TV watching on my horizon, so I am determined to get hooked on Parks and Rec) It sounds like you ladies had a wonderful night.

    Champagne bar in the ladies room?! I have to go this place immediately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you have to go - it was ridiculously fun!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a fantastic girls night! It's so amazing to have good girlfriends like that, that you can spend a whole night talking non stop with. The restaurant sounds fantastic, too, especially for a group of ladies out on the town!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - girls nights are the best (especially in a restaurant like that!)

      Delete
  3. Looks like a fantastic weekend to me! I have heard of so many people doing Galentine's Day, and I think it's an awesome idea. Glad you and your friends had fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you gotta get in on it next year - and happy birthday again!

      Delete
  4. Your Galentine's Day sounds awesome! I need to get in on that for next year... Also, your measuring cup is the cutest! I'm guessing that must be an Anthro find. Their stuff is always so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is anthro! they were on sale and while impractical (since they might break easily) I just couldn't resist. I love them and no broken cups (yet!)

      Delete
  5. Looks like a good weekend to me! And that bagel sandwich looks so sinful and awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes - i go to a really tough gym class on sundays and that was my reward. worth every bite!

      Delete
  6. I learnt something new today... Galentine's Day! Also, you have ruined bathrooms for me, they just won't be adequate without a champagne bar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know! they'll never be good enough again - not after that.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...