Thursday, February 28, 2013

on two years.

so. two years. two years since i've been writing this blog. happy birthday blog!
this past year of blogging was definitely better than the first year. i let a few more people in my real life know about the blog, i settled into a posting rhythm, i'm happier with my content, i'm using twitter and instagram so much more to connect with fellow bloggers. i'm very happy, i'm very content. so this coming year i only have two goals - to continue to improve my content, and to finally redesign this blog. seriously, if that last goal is not accomplished, please call me out on it. this space needs a major facelift.
when you start a blog, i think you don't know what you really want and you have no idea what this community is truly like. sure, you think you have a goal or an idea for your blog, but things change as the blog develops, as readers become regulars. just go back (or don't, please don't) and read my first post. it's horrifying. and it's something i would never write. but it's part of the journey, the first step into how i got here today. and i really like today. and that's mainly because of you guys. while having these thoughts for my record is rewarding to a certain extent, sharing and interacting with you guys is really where it's at. i can't thank you enough for coming here, for sharing your thoughts, for supporting me, for offering your opinions. i love you guys, i love that you guys follow one another's blogs/twitters/instagrams, i love this little community. thank you so very much for your time - i hope this next years is even better.
and if you're ever in new york city, you know i'm just an e-mail and a glass of champagne away.

14 comments:

  1. Yay! Happy birthday, Ordinarytales!!!!!!!!!!

    LOVE YOU. MEAN IT.

    Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you said the name of my blog in a cockney accent when you wrote this comment.

      and loooove you too.

      Delete
  2. Such a sweet post! Congrats! You are such a doll & I'm glad we got to know each other! Celebrate!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh gosh, yes - finding your blog this past year has been one of my favorite discoveries. have a great day!

      Delete
  3. Happy happy birthday to your baller blog! So glad I got to know this blog (+ you!) this year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - the best thing to come out of the nine to five feature.

      Delete
  4. Happy bday to OT!!! Funny about your first post. I feel that way about most of mine when I look back on them. I literally cringe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah - yes, me too. so much cringing.

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday, Ordinary Tales!! So happy I found your blog (I think it was around a year and a half ago) and so glad that we've become friends through it. One day (SOON I hope!) I will meet you in NYC. And we will have champagne. And it will be wonderful!

    P.S. little you is the cutest ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - every time I think of moving away from NYC I'm like - but Laura hasn't visited yet!

      Delete
  6. Happy happy blog birthday!! Congratulations on 2 years! I love reading your blog and can't wait to see all the new improvements. Good luck! I'm going to take you up on that champagne one day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Blog-a-versary to Ordinary Tales. We started our blogs at more or less the same time and I think I have been following you from the very beginning. It was through your blog that I discovered the wonder of NY and one of the main reasons why we finally bit the bullet and made the journey. I love visiting your part of the world in the week, here's to 2 more years!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow 2 years - congrats! your blog is one of my faves and i love reading your posts each day. even if i don't always comment, i always check in to see what's happening in nyc and which of your shoes i'm drooling over and what deep thoughts your post will make me think. so thankful we've connected in the blog world! next time i'm in nyc we will have to connect in real life :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...