Tuesday, March 19, 2013

on an engagement.

in the midst of all the excitement on friday, as we celebrated and called all our family and friends and celebrated some more, i thought - i can't wait to share this with my blogging friends! it was so fun to tell you all yesterday, and i will never tire of saying how much i appreciate the friendships this community has brought me. thank you so much for all the well wishes and excitement - from the bottom of our hearts: thank you.
friday evening started off like any other. brian and i usually spend friday night relaxing in  front of the tv with some pizza and wine, but he wanted to go out to dinner this particular friday night, and i wasn't going to say no. i got ready and we headed out a little early to stop for a drink along the way. around the corner from my apartment is a small, beautiful, but private park - gramercy park. while i've always wanted to go inside, it's pretty much impossible unless you have a key to the park or know someone with a key to the park. besides that, the only way to check out the park is if you're a guest of he gramercy park hotel - a fancy hotel near the park that also has a key to the park. and on this particular night, as we walked past the hotel, the doorman came out, walked with us across he street and then, all of a sudden - opened the park door for us. i gave brian major side eye (because i wasn't born last night, ya know), but decided to just play along with the moment. i pretty much knew at that point he was going to propose, but i was still just along for the ride. so we walked around the park, and i took a few pictures, and we sat on a bench for awhile...but nothing happened! after taking one last lap around the park i decided i was being quite presumptuous about the possible engagement and i would, indeed, need that drink before dinner after all. but on our way out, brian paused, told me he had not, just in fact, wanted to walk in the park with me, and got down on one knee and asked me o be his wife. and i, of course, said yes :)
***
thank you all for indulging all the excitement around here. i promise this won't turn into a wedding blog. we'll get back to our regularly scheduled programing about life and shoes now. and only talk about weddings a little bit ;)

21 comments:

  1. So wonderful. How romantic to be proposed to in Gramercy Park!! Love!!

    Also love your comment about the side eye. That sneaky (but not so sneaky) Brian.

    I went to a French Bistro by Gramercy Park once. Best steak frites OF MY LIFE. Also, didn't we walk by it that time on our way to milkshakes? I remember looking in thinking, "I want to walk and sit in a bench in there."

    FANCY PANTS. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we did walk past there on the way to milkshakes!! it was quite fun to finally test out those benches :)

      Delete
  2. Perfection! I always gaze longingly into Gramercy Park whenever I walk by. Being off limits just makes it all that more desirable. That Brian is a genius! I love that you knew right away, then doubted, then it actually happened. A million congratulations! I look forward to a little wedding talk around here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS STORY! I want to go to Gramercy Park SO BAD! How romantic of Brian! Boys are so cute when they plan things like this. Was he super nervous? Craig was acting really funny before he proposed haha but for some reason I STILL didn't pick up on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I was so impressed with his planning skills! he didn't act too odd except before he was very worried about when I would get home and when I would get ready, like all concerned about the "dinner reservation" time and he never worries about that. but in the park he was pretty calm until the big moment arrived :)

      Delete
  4. So sweet! So perfect! Cheers, you two! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colleen!!! Congratulations!! I am so happy for you. I can't wait to hear about your planning!! The ring is so beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVED hearing the story :) What a magical proposal! I love that he proposed in Gramercy Park after all this time of you wanting to go in there. Well done, Brian!!

    So happy for you Colleen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Love the pic of you sitting on your bed calling people. Such a precious moment captured.

      Delete
    2. that amount was, again, Brian's handiwork. and thank you - so excited!

      Delete
  7. What a perfect proposal! Well done, Brian. The private park sounds so romantic! I'm sure your blog won't become 100% wedding stuff, but I think it will be fun ti hear about your planning!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG.

    I come back and you're engaged?! Congratulations to the both of you! I can't wait for us to catch up in person so we can discuss. Let's set something up soon!

    Ah, I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can we please also talk about wedding shoes? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this pic! You are radiant! And I love that the moment of excitedly calling friends and family was captured. Your proposal was perfect and sweet. Way to go Brian!! SO happy for you two!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Top Ten PTC Sites Ever which you can make money online with just clicking, Best upgrade plans to make upto 10 to 15 Dollars daily without any Registration or MemberShip Charges
    You can join any time from your home, just visit the website and start earning from home
    Probux.Com(Best PTC Site)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aaaah! I thought the proposal was perfect and then I clicked on the link to the park and it couldn't be any more perfect! And he did the one knee thing too! (That means he's a keeper Colleen, but we all knew that anyway)! Love the pic too!

    P.S - I second Stephanie's comment, we need to talk wedding shoes. STAT.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! So happy for you, girl. And there's nothing wrong with a wedding post here and there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This gave me the shivers and I may have shed a small tear too! So romantic!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...